Part Eight

A groan escapes your lips as a breeze of cold air hits your skin. Your eyes flutter open slowly, and you notice that your blanket has flown off of your arms, "Huh?" You pull yourself up slightly, and notice the window open. "Oh, it must be windy."

"You're not wrong, my dear," A deep voice says from across the room. Footsteps echo throughout the room as a tall man walks out of the shadows, shuffling a deck of playing cards. 

"Huh..?" You look up at the strange man and wonder, "Who are you?"

He stops shuffling the cards, and his eyes shift to look at you, "My, my, so, it is true. You don't remember a thing."

You shake your head, "I'm starting to get my memories back, but you seem awfully familiar." He watches down at you as you're thinking hard to remember him. A clown..? No, a magician. "..Hisoka."

His face twists into a sick grin as you say this, "Perhaps you aren't yet a broken toy

His face twists into a sick grin as you say this, "Perhaps you aren't yet a broken toy."

You look at him with a weary look on your face, stating, "You're odd."

He wags his fully-manicured finger in front of your face, saying, "Now, now, that's not very nice (Y/N). We are friends after all."

"Um.." You try to remember Kurapika's story from yesterday again, "I do remember you helping me once before, but that's all."

He pushes you over a bit, leaving him enough room to sit on the end of your bed. He crosses his legs, and begins shuffling his playing cards once again. "I suppose I'll have to remind you how we met then." That smug grin of his never once leaves his face.

You readjust the backpack slung over your shoulder, as you reach into the vendor's cart, pulling out a clean apple. 

"They're only fifteen jenny each." The old lady vendor says, "And they're of the best quality!"

You inspect the apple by turning it over, and quickly find a soft spot. The old lady sweatdrops at this, "Err.. It's only that apple I assure you!" You raise an eyebrow at this as you pick up another apple, and show her a large bruise on it. "Okay, okay, you caught me. Seven jenny! But that's the lowest I can go."

You nod, causing the hood of your cloak to slide off a bit. Reaching into your wallet, you hand her fourteen jenny, and walk off eating the apples as you survey the area. For awhile now you had been travelling the world, but lately you've started to run out of money. You find yourself now in a small farmers market in a big city, in hopes of finding cheap wares, and you had, so good job!  But now what..? You wonder to yourself. I only have ten more jenny left. You let out a long sigh as you continue to eat, and, observe the different vendor's. 

After you finish your fruit, you head out of the farmer's market, and back into the large city in search of somewhere to sleep for tonight. You walk around the city, looking for a nice quiet alleyway as the sky turns orange around you. Once you've found a place, you plop down onto the ground, pulling your backpack off of your shoulder, "I guess this will do for tonight."