Part Fourteen

"Did you know that (Y/N) was from the NGL?" Leorio wonders towards his blonde-haired friend. They both stand outside of your room in the hallway.

Kurapika shakes his head at this, "She hasn't really brought up her past around me before. And I can understand why she hasn't."

Leorio sighs, and rubs the back of his neck, "Yeah I guess it makes sense. But she handled it really well. Does that mean it's easier for her to remember things now?"

"We can only hope that's the case," He glances towards the door momentarily, and then back to his friend, "I think we should keep an eye on Bennett as well."

"Really? You don't trust him?" Leorio asks in a surprised tone.

"I can't rule him out as a suspect," He explains in a firm tone, "Even if he is actually (Y/N)'s brother, you heard about what happened between them. That gives him a motive, and not to mention the fact that he just so happened to get in contact with her after she's already injured. He was also concealing his aura from us, which makes him all of the more suspicious."

Leorio thinks for a moment, before replying with, "But why would he want to tell her about how they fell out then?"

"Maybe he was trying to win over her trust by helping her gain some memories," Kurapika hypothesizes, "Even if that isn't the case, and he is innocent, we should be wary of him."

"I guess you're right," He finally agrees, "I'll help to keep an eye on him for you, Kurapika."

Kurapika gives him a short nod, "I appreciate it. Hopefully (Y/N) will be careful of him, as well. We should also talk to Gon, Killua, and Alluka."

"Mm. Right now, he's just telling her about happier childhood memories to cheer her up," Leorio explains, "And Killua is keeping a close eye on him. He thought he was suspicious, too"

"Good. I trust him to know if anything is wrong," Kurapika replies, as the door to (Y/N)'s room suddenly opens. 

"Oh, hi, Kurapika and Leorio, right?" Bennett says awkwardly as he closes the door behind him, "I'm going to leave for the night, but I plan on coming back tomorrow morning."

The Kurta watches him intently, "Okay, thanks for letting us know. "

Bennett offers him a nervous smile before he disappears down the hallway. The door opens once more, this time it's Killua who appears. "He's gone?"

Leorio nods, "But he said he'd be back tomorrow morning."

"I would have liked to tail him for awhile to see where he's going, but since he's a hunter, and we don't know his skill-set, I think that's too risky." 

Kurapika agrees with his white-haired friend, "I agree wholly. Did you notice anything off about him, Killua?"

"His childhood stories seemed to help her remember things," Killua starts, "But we should still watch him closely."

"Killuaaa!" Alluka calls to her brother as she approaches the doorway, "Where'd you gooo??"

"I'm here, Alluka," He pats the top of her head, "Are you getting sleepy?"

She shakes her head fervently, but the big yawn that escapes her lips tells him otherwise. He lets out a chuckle as he ruffles her hair, "Alright, let's go back to the hotel for tonight. We'll come back tomorrow, Kurapika."

"That sounds good. Get home safe, you two." Kurapika replies offering them a smile. 

Shortly after, Gon says that he's going to leave for the night, too, stating that his dad was outside waiting for him. Leorio stays a little bit longer and spends some time talking with you and Kurapika. Leorio sits in the chiar next to your bed, while Kurapika sits on the edge of your bed.