Part Twenty-One

"Do you think this is something that you can handle, (Y/N)?" Jaya asks, although she already knows how you'll answer.

You nod, a determined look on your face, "I can handle it. I'm confident I'm strong enough for this."

Kurapika watches you with a hesitant look on his face, "You are aware that this is not something that a normal human could handle?"

You look at him, and nod, your face becoming a little more serious, "I understand, Kurapika, but I can handle it. I'm not a normal human, am I?"

His lips perk up into a smile, as he lets out a gentle chuckle, "I suppose not," He rubs the top of your head, "Please be cautious, (Y/N). I don't want to risk losing you again."

"Kurapika.." You set a gentle hand on his cheek, surprised by his sweet words.

Jaya lets out a disruptive cough, gaining your's and Kurapika's attention. "I will need everybody to clear the room, so (Y/N) and I can concentrate." You glance at Kurapika and then back at Jaya a few times before she lets out a sigh, "Except Kurapika."

Kurapika lets out a breath of relief, as you grab his hand and give it a squeeze, offering him a joyous smile.

"Thank you, Jaya."

Killua grumbles under his breath as he leads Alluka out, saying, "Man, I really wanted to watch.."

"Good luck, (Y/N)!!" Alluka waves at you as she exits the room, a huge smile on her face, "I know you can do it!! And so does big brother!"

He waves to you without turning around, "Yeah, yeah. Good luck catching up to us, (Y/N)!"

Gon runs over to give you a hug before he leaves, looking up at you with bright eyes, "You better catch up to us soon, (Y/N)!" 

"I'll not only catch up," You start, "But I'll surpass you both!"

Gon grins, and runs out of the room to catch up with Killua. Bennett comes over next, also embracing you in a hug, "Good luck, sister. Just be careful. I know Kurapika will watch over you."

You reciprocate his hug, happily, "Thank you, Bennett. But no worries, I'll be fine."

Kurapika eyes him curiously, surprised that he seemingly trusts him with your life. Bennett looks up from the hug and meets the Kurta's gaze, his eyes telling him 'Please keep her safe.' Kurapika reads his eyes, and nods silently, causing Bennett to pull back from the hug and leave the room. 

Izunavi leaves last, waving at you casually, and saying, "Have fun, Cloak." He speaks to Kurapika next, "I'll stay right outside the door." The blonde man nods in agreement.

"Very well. Let's begin," Jaya motions for you to approach her, "Please be prepared. It is not a pleasant experience."

Kurapika rushes to help you stand, but you shake him off, standing up by yourself, and walking over to her on stiff legs. Jaya watches how you're walking and looks apprehensive, as does Kurapika. She begins to wonder, "Are you sure-

"Yes," You quickly cut her off, balling your hands into fists at your sides, "It will be hard, but I'll be okay."

"Turn so that your back is facing me," She commands you, prompting you to turn around. Your feet are planted in a firm stance, fists clenched, teeth gritted, as you prepare for impact. "Here we go.." 

She places her familiar-feeling hand on your back and releases her aura onto you. You suddenly feel a crushing force embrace your body, causing you the clench your firsts even tighter. Your legs are still holding you up, as you use every muscle in them to support yourself. Your teeth are grinding against each other harshly, as you're waiting for this feeling to subside. When the feeling ends, you open your eyes once more, the familiar blue-looking aura radiating off of your body.