Part Twelve

You let out a deep sigh as you idly play with the familiar object in your hands. Currently, you find yourself watching a movie with Gon, Killua, and Alluka. Killua sits in the chair next to your bed, while Alluka and Gon sit with their legs folded under them at the end of your bed. It's more of a children's movie, but you don't have a problem with it, however, you can't focus on it at all. 

"(Y/N)," Killua's voice pulls you out of your thoughts, "Is something bothering you?"

Surprised, you look up at him, and flash him a nervous smile, "No, no, I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Gon's now watching you, too, with a curious look on his face. He peers down to see the object you've been fidgeting with for the past hour, "Oh! Is that..?"

"Hm?" Killua follows his eyes to your hands as well, "Isn't that the good luck charm you gave to Gon after the hunter exam?"

You look up at him with a nervous smile, and nod, "Yeah, Kurapika gave it back to me to help me gain back some memories."

A smirk makes it's way onto Killua's face, "I thought you said he was going to return it in Yorknew, Gon?"

Gon nods fervently, "Yeah! He said he was going to!" He thinks for a second, "Maybe he just forgot?"

"I think it's more like he just wanted to have something of (Y/N)'s with him," He says with a cheeky look on his face, making Alluka giggle, too. 

Gon's face becomes shocked, but then turns to one of excitement, "Do you really think that's why??"

Killua nods, "I'm sure of it."

You rub the back of your neck nervously, and look away from them, "I'm sure that's not the case." Your eyes point towards the door as you wonder, "Speaking of Kurapika, do you guys know where he went?"

Gon and Killua exchange a glance, able to understand what each other is thinking easily. Killua looks away coldly, while Gon gives you a nervous smile, "I think he just went to get something to eat, (Y/N). I bet he'll be back soon though!"

"Do you miss him, (Y/N)?" Alluka wonders out loud.

A blush creeps up your face, but you shake your head, "No, no.. It's just that he's been gone for awhile now, and he's been disappearing at random times lately" You assure her with a small smile.

Alluka can't help but giggle at your answer, replying cheerfully with, "I think you do!"

You continue to fervently deny this, while her and Gon can't help but laugh at your reactions. Killua puts his hand under his chin as he watches the closed door in thought. When do you plan on telling (Y/N) why you keep leaving, Kurapika? She has a right to know that she's in danger. You can't hide the truth from her forever. 

"Since the last time I ran into her attacker, I haven't sensed any malevolent nen around the hospital at all," Kurapika speaks into the receiver of his cell phone, "But I can't be too careful. I'm not going to take any risks with (Y/N)'s safety." He continues walking down another long hallway of the hospital.

An audible sigh comes through the speaker, and then Leorio's voice comes though, "I get how you feel, buddy, and you know I care about (Y/N)'s safety, but, you should make sure you're taking care of yourself, too!"

"I appreciate your concern, Leorio, but, I will be fine." Comes Kurapika's reply, "As long as (Y/N) is safe, then I am fine." 

"Geez, you're too stubborn," Leorio groans, "Have you at least been eating and sleeping properly?"

"(Y/N) is my only concern," Kurapika says simply.

Leorio can feel himself growing more annoyed by the second, "How are you gonna take care of (Y/N) if you aren't even taking care of yourself?!"