Part Twenty-Two

"Good, you have already mastered zetsu and ren, and in record breaking time, I might add," Jaya speaks as she observes the aura flowing from your body, "Perhaps it's because you remember much easier now?"

You nod, a bead of sweat dripping down your forehead, as you hold your firm stance, "I have to give some credit to my Shingen-Ryu master, too. She's very wise."

Jaya closes her eyes and smiles in acknowledgement, "I'm sure she would be very happy to hear that."

Kurapika sits on the bed, watching you closely from behind, 'Her aura feels even stronger than before. If Alluka heals her, will her aura change again..? Will she return to being a conjurer?'

"Kurapika, is something bothering you?" Jaya asks, pulling him from his thought-induced trance. You turn your head towards him to give him an inquisitive look.

He shakes his head, brushing off his thoughts, "It's nothing to be concerned about." He offers you a kind smile to alleviate your concerned look, "You're doing a great job, (Y/N)."

In return, you half-smile back at him, saying, "Thank you, Kurapika. But none of this would have been possible without you. I owe you a lot."

He closes his eyes, his smile growing slightly, as he crosses his arms over his chest, "You don't owe me anything. You would have done the same for me."

Jaya's stern voice interrupts your conversation, "You can relax now, (Y/N)."

You let out a deep breath, and release your ren, sweat rolling down your forehead. "Thank you, Jaya-Sensei."

"It's just Jaya, remember?" Comes her response, but she can't hide the smile that's formed on her face, "I'm going to get some dinner. I suggest you both do the same." She eyes you and Kurapika, "Good work today, (Y/N)." With that being said, she bows before she exits the room, walking past Izunavi who leans against the wall outside of the room. They exchange a quick 'hello' before they walk off in opposite directions, Izunavi enters your room, while Jaya walks off down the hallway.

"Kurapika, what are you thinking?" You finally ask as you sit beside him on the bed, "I can tell that there's something you're not telling me."

He lets out a sigh, but the smile doesn't fall from his face. He sets a gentle hand on the top of your head, "I suppose that you know me too well."

Izunavi raises an eyebrow at him, wondering, "Did I miss something?"

You cross your arms, a pouty look evident on your face, "Kurapika isn't telling me something."

"A lover's quarrel, eh?" Izunavi taunts Kurapika with a smirk on his face, prompting Kurapika to glower at him.

"I was just thinking.." Kurapika starts, pausing to take a breathe, then speaking again, "If Alluka heals you, would your aura change again?"

"That's a valid point, Kurapika," Comes Izunavi's response, "Her aura is stronger than when I knew her. It seems different somehow."

You put a finger on your chin in thought, "I never really thought about that. But I guess I can't fully remember what my aura was like before."

Izunavi seems to be in thought for a few moments, before snapping his fingers, with a big grin on his face, "I have an idea. Let's do a water divination test."

Kurapika quickly stands up, seemingly happy about the suggestion. "That's not a bad idea. But shouldn't we wait for Jaya to come back?"

Izunavi casually waves him off, simply stating, "I helped (Y/N) learn nen, too, y'kno?"

You eye both of them curiously as Izunavi rushes out of your room to find a glass and a leaf. Kurapika closes the door behind him and turns back around, noticing your suspicious glances. He walks back up to you, offering you a small smile.