Part Ten

"(Y/N), I'm- Oh." Kurapika enters the room to find (Y/N)'s nurse instead of her. "Hello, Nova."

Nova stops cleaning up the room to face the blonde man, "Ah, back again, Kurapika?"

He nods, "Where's (Y/N)?"

"Oh, she went downstairs to the physical therapy lounge. She asked to start learning how to walk today." Nova explains happily, "She insisted on starting early."

"Really?" Kurapika asks, worriedly, "And is she well enough to start this?"

Nova nods, "She's not going to do a lot just yet, so don't worry too much."

Kurapika lets out a sigh and leaves the room, "I suppose she's starting to get annoyed with staying still." An elevator ride later, and he finds himself, entering a new room, full of physical training equipment, and nurses. He finds (Y/N) sitting in a wheelchair next to a pair of parallel walking bars. He races over to you when he sees your eyes watering, and sets a gentle hand on your shoulder, "What's wrong, (Y/N)?"

You huff out an annoyed sigh, "I can barely hold myself up on thoses bars, let alone take a step. My legs just gave out immediately."

Kurapika lets out a sigh, but kneels in front of you, holding your hand, whilst looking into your (E/C) eyes, "Don't be distressed, (Y/N), you just need more time. You're not injured, are you?"

You shake your head, wiping water from your eyes with your free hand.

"Then that's all that matters." He sends a smile your way, soon wondering, "Why did you request to start this process today?"

Sighing, you look anywhere but into his eyes, "I.. I don't want to be weak anymore. That's all."

"Ah, it's because of what Hisoka said," He acknowledges by closing his eyes. He looks back up at you, explaining, "There's no need to listen to him, (Y/N), but if you insist, I'll help you all that I can."

A soft smile graces your features, and you finally look back at him, saying, "Thank you, Kurapika. I'm not allowed to try anymore today, but will you help me tomorrow?"

He nods, "Of course. Would you like to go back to your room?"

"Yes, please."

Kurapika stands from his position, and grabs onto the handles of the wheelchair, pushing you into the elevator, then helping you back to your bed. "Don't push yourself, (Y/N). Get some rest and I'll come back tomorrow."

"You're leaving already?" You ask, a hint of sadness in your voice.

His heart cracks a tinge at hearing this, "Yes, I've got more work to finish, but I still tried to come visit you. I apologize for not staying longer. Please forgive me."

"Oh.. okay," You shoot him a smile, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nods, sending you a gentle smile back, "Of course." His footsteps echo down the hallway, leaving you alone once more. He walks down the hall briskly, but comes to a halt suddenly, turning to look behind him, "Strange, I thought.." His voice rambles off, and he shakes his head. He catches his watch out of the corner of his eye, letting out a huff at the time, "Damn, I'm going to be late." He walks off down the hallway once more.

The next morning you sit in your wheekchair in your room, watching the door anxiously. Some time passes and he doesn't show, leaving you feeling frustrated. Finally, the door swings open revealing the blonde man to you. You only smile at him as he apologizes for being late. 

"Shall we get started?" He wheels you back down to the physical therapy lounge, and helps you to the walking bars. A nurse quickly rushes to assist you, her staying at your side, while Kurapika stands at the end encouraging you.