5

"I COULD LOVE JUST LIKE THAT"

PART FIVE

monica awoke in her bed the next morning, groaning and turning over.

she faced away from the alarm clock that burned the image of "7:12 am" into her eyes.

she faintly heard the sound of montgomery screaming from down the stairs, closing her eyes as he did so.

montgomery sighed frustrated and ran up the stairs two steps at a time. he pushed open the door to monica's room and ripped the covers off her body.

"mm," monica hummed, angrily.

"get up you lazy shit."

"fuck you," she groaned sitting up in bed, looking up at her brother. "just let me get dressed."

he sighed and shook his head, walking back downstairs to the kitchen.

monica stood up from her bed and stretched, walking over to her closet. she pulled out a pair of light wash skinny jeans and an off the shoulder light purple shirt.

she walked into the bathroom and washed her face, brushed her teeth. she brushed out her hair, not even bothering to straighten it and went to sit at her makeup vanity.

she applied foundation, concealer and powder. then she highlighted like a champ and applied some gold eyeshadow. she swiped her eyelashes in mascara after curling them and hurriedly turned the lights off, grabbing her backpack from the side of her bed.

she stepped and almost slipped on her comforter that still lay on the floor and ran down the stairs.

~

once again, the halls of liberty high were met  with monica de la cruz. she walked down the halls, her hands holding the straps of her backpack, smiling at hannah baker when she said hello.

she met up with tony and clay as they stood at their lockers. she didnt join in on their conversation however, she just stood there admiring the pins on tonys leather jacket.

she looked up from his jacket and stared down the hall, watching justin storm away from jessica's locker as she screamed at him from the opposite end of the hallway.

"justin!"

"jesus christ," monica mumbled as she stared at jessica rub her hands over her face. tony and clay looked at the girl beside them.

"you know how it is, mo." tony spoke from beside her, monica's eyebrows furrowed in saddens. why do they always fight?

justin stormed past them in anger and walked over to the emergency exit doors underneath the stairwell.

monica left the two boys without a good bye and followed justin to the spot.

his back was turn to her as she arrived, his back moving up and down. she carefully stepped behind him, placing a hand on his back.

he flinched and quickly turned around to stare into his best friend's sisters eyes.

she looked at him sorrowful. "i could love you just like that."

he chuckled, a tear rolling down his face. she bit her lip and smiled, "without all the fighting of course."

he slowly wrapped his arms around the girl before him, his head going into the side of her neck. 

she hugged his torso as he let his tears fall on her.

maybe she was his shoulder to cry on.

~
fuck school!! thanks for reading! ❤️