13

"BASK IN THE GLORY"

PART THIRTEEN

life was good. life was so good.

despite her issues with her mom, monica and her brother were finally getting it together. bringing in money for food and paying up on the bet her brother made with her about justin.

she still hasn't told him about their mother's words but she'll tell him later. maybe.

and with justin foley by her side her life honestly couldn't get worse.

it was the thursday before bryce walker's annual halloween bash at his lake house down in southern california.

of course monica received an invite but it was an unusual way of asking someone to a party.

it was basically bryce saying, "you're invited, mo, but you're also invited into my bed on halloween okay?"

then justin slapped the back of his head. monica laughed.

but now, after school, monica met up with hannah at her car, the two about to head over to the halloween store on the other side of town.

"you ready?" monica asked as she unlocked her car, hannah nodded and pulled open the passenger door.

monica turned around and gave a little wave to Justin to stood by his car across the parking lot. he stared admiringly at monica, a smile growing onto his face. he waved back and caught the kiss she blew at him.

monica giggled and climbed into the car with hannah, turning on the ignition.

the two arrived at the shop, monica parking in front of the store's doors.

"ah shit," hannah muttered.

"what?"

hannah pointed over to a blue bug parked on the other side of the parking lot. "that's jess' car."

monica shrugged, "eh who cares."

"i thought you did."

"bitches have no place in my mind." monica pulled open the store door, nodding at the cashier before pulling hannah to a rack in the back of the store.

"oo, let's be thing 1 and thing 2!" hannah grabbed a costume from the rack, reading the information on the other side of the package.