22

"POORLY WIRED CIRCUIT"

PART TWENTY-TWO

PART TWENTY-TWO

monica looked at herself in her full-length mirror in her bedroom, smoothing down her winter formal dress. she wasn't sure the striped, red dress fit her style but she liked the way the flowy material looked on her body. she hoped it would impress justin.

"wow, mo, you look great," montgomery spoke from his place in the doorway, leaning against the wall. 

monica looked over her shoulder at her twin and proceeded to slip into her white heels, holding her wallet in her hand. 

"still ignoring me?"

monica glared up at him, "im not ignoring you montgomery, how many times are you going to ask me that?"

montgomery shrugged, "you're just not talking to me at all."

"i just haven't been in a good mood lately," monica shrugged, "thats all, brother."

he sighed and scratched his forehead, "well isn't dating jeff atkins at least giving you some sort of happiness?"

monica smiled slightly, "he's a really nice boy, we've been friends for ages. but i can't help but still think about-"

"justin," they said at the same time as monty nodded his head, "i know, mo, i can read you like an open book."

monica fluffed up her curled hair and looked back over at her brother, "you ready?"

montgomery held his arm out for his sister and spoke, "as ready as ill ever be."

the twins rolled up to the liberty high school gym parking lot in the jeep, which still had the doors off and the tops rolled down. montgomery liked the feeling of the wind on his face, it made him feel like he was flying.