20

"FEEL BAD TRY TO FIX THINGS"

PART TWENTY

PART TWENTY

a few weeks after justin's unexpected arrival at the de la cruz house, monica was still trying to come up with ways to fix the problem she made for herself. it was nobody else's fault than hers. and jeff's technically.

every time she walked into school and saw the newly wed couple making out beside her locker she wanted to throw up. it was like living in a walking nightmare.

but nonetheless with everything going on somehow she managed to get through. she didn't talk as much to her brother now that she and justin broke up, only because she was embarrassed by what happened and didn't want to talk about it. even though monty was persistent and would not leave her alone.

she had been trying to talk to clay more seeing he's someone monica had in her life that'd listen to her problems and actually give her advice of what to do.

so as she sat next to him during one of his and jeff's tutoring sessions, she bombarded clay with questions as to what she should do.

"clay, you gotta help me out here," monica whined as jeff gave her a look, "I seriously don't understand a word of this book. who the fuck invented hamlet?"

"wow im surprised you aren't asking me about justin and jessica." clay scoffed, a smile creeping onto his face.

jeff also chuckled from his side of the table, "honestly me too."

monica's head fell into her hands, "im so sorry jeff that you have to listen to me talk about my ex-boyfriend. even after we you know, i figured you expected something more from me."

jeff gasped lightly, "mo, we're life-long best friends, what happened was a mistake. we both agreed to pretend it didn't happen."

monica nodded, picking her head up, "you're right jeff. im sorry, i just feel like you deserve better."

jeff shrugged and handed his paper back to clay, "it's whatever, i kinda like this girl anyway. i just hope she doesn't think im some douchebag because i made love to some other guys girl."

"to answer your question, monica," clay graded jeff's paper, "shakespeare invented hamlet and i don't think he'd appreciate your whining and crying about how his beautiful drama."

"like i care."

clay rolled his eyes, "you know what you guys should do? since you know monica is basically up justin's ass and jeff kinda sorta likes someone, you two should try and make them jealous."

"clay, that will just make our situation more worse." jeff explained, but the more monica thought about it, she kinda liked the idea.

"it's actually, 'it will just worsen our situation'," clay corrected, "and it's a great idea. that way monica can try and fix things by having just crawl back to her and then maybe once that happens jeff, your little crush will want in."

"I think it's a great idea!" monica gushed, grabbing jeff's hand, "please, jeff. best friends help each other out. you know this."

jeff rolled his eyes, "I don't see how this is going to fix my situation. it seems very one sided."

"jeff," monica stared at him in the eyes, "you know ill put in a good word for you, everyone knows how much of a sweetheart Jeff Atkins is. any girl would be lucky to have you."

the baseball player thought about it for a moment then finally shrugged his shoulders and slightly shook his head, "fine, I guess. it could be fun."

monica squealed and leaned over the table to kiss jeff on the cheek, "I knew I could always count on you jeff. let's make this relationship one people won't ever forget."

clay laughed, "I didn't mean for you to actually date."

"its okay," monica shrugged, "I've always wanted to date jeff anyway."

after monica packed her things and bid the two a goodbye, Jeff turned to clay again and spoke, "if I ask monica to the winter formal in front of everybody at lunch with a dumb poster with glitter and shit you have to buy a ticket to the dance."

clay laughed short and then when he realized Jeff was serious he stopped, "no, absolutely not. you know I don't do dances."

"you know I don't like glitter and big crowds."

clay sighed and still shook his head no. jeff mimicked him and proposed, "you'd get to see Hannah. I bet shed go if mo went."

clay finally reached to shake jeff's hand, "fine. it's a bet. you're on, atkins."

~
i know this is short af but i writing the next chapter now and i promise it will be better than this ily guys