Chapter 2

THE MEETING

Sound of drawing curtains could be heard from one side of the bed. Anita rubs her eyes as a ray of sun light reaches her. She gets up and saw her sister Anisha by the window looking down onthe road. Anita gets up the bed and walks to Anisha asks her, "Hey sis what happen what you thinking? "

Anisha says, "Have you forgotten about today? "

"No I have not. "

"But why your in pjs still. They can be here any min. "

"Oh No! Toady is the meeting. Today I will meet the boy I am destined to marry. "

"Oh! Atleas you remember. I thought you have memory loss problem. Anisha says as she chuckles.

And Anita started laughing too.

They both went to the wardrobe and took out their best Indian suits. And started getting ready.

 And started getting ready

Anita's dress

When Anita came out of the bathroom after getting dressed. She saw her mother looking at her with a smiling face. As she took a step towards her, her mother hugged her. A drop of tear was rolling down her eye. Anita wiped her tears. And said,

"What's the matter, Ma? "

"It's just that you have grown so much. "

Anita stood smiling and biting her lower lip.

And suddenly Anita's father shouted from downstairs. "They have called they are coming in 10mins, I am going out to bring them to the house. "

And the sound of the door was heard first open and then closed.

Anita's heartbeat got faster. She was getting nervous. And was totally seen on her face. Her mother and sister had left the room and were in the kitchen preparing snacks for the guests. Anita was sitting on her bed, when she heard her father's voice talking to some people.

Anita's father pov

I found the car a few metres away from our house. I then led them to our home.
I asked Robin, " How was the flight? "

To which he answered "It was good. "

I and Robin are friends from childhood, my father used to work in UK, there my best friend was Robin. We really had a great bonding. But then my father came to India and we settled down here in Delhi, the capital city of India. I got a job as a civil servant and got settled with my family. I and Robin used to talk on phone. And one day we decided as our children are big, our friendship should turn in a relationship. And here we are.