Chapter Two Troubles Within The Moonlight

*Kotu*

*Kotu*

His boot's echoed through out the stone hall-ways of the academy, Kira walked at a steady pace, feeling the light breeze of the open central court-yard door that was left open. He could see the distant shape of students who chatted non stop, and others were in the court-yard, boxing. Some students who watched, payed coin to see who was left standing. In some way's, it was a source of income, though he never understood why. Kira never gambled his money, especially when he thought it was rather stupid. Behind him, he could hear more footstep's, along with two girls talking about something, which had made his eye's widened.

"So, Myū, you think there's a connection with the lost royalties?"

"I think, who knows? Maybe it's like a love thing. You know how royal families are like."

He gritted his teeth, and clenched his hand, his anger built up inside, making him feel uncomfortable. '...Do....Do people know?' Kira stepped up his pace, though it made him seem suspicious. His heart rate increased rapidly, almost if he was in combat.

"Hey! Look, it's Kira Akashi!"

"Really? Oh crap man!"

"Isn't he in the top with Askari, Jason, and Grim?"

He heard a two students, a boy with aqua blue hair, who was named Takashi, a son of a fourth seat noble family who ran the left branch of the military. While the other, a dark brown haired teen named Rin, a stocky boy, and a son of a third seat noble family. In Irà, there were only second to fourth noble families, while the first noble families were pure-blooded, which were classified as Royals'.

At the moment, Kira felt every muscle in his body tense up rather instantly, his mind became calm, and his heart beat slowed down. 'If they want me to sell them a fight, then so be it...!' His sub conscious roared violently, almost making him reach for the sword that once hung by his waist. "Oï! Kira-kun!" He heard one of them call out his name in a *kuku* tone of voice. Kira stopped to face them, his eye's giving off the most cold gaze had had given anyone.

"Good match last Wednesday, I wish I had been there to see it." Takashi gave a over exaggerated bow. This began to irritate Kira.

"Yes, indeed. How about you tell us your secret to success?" It was Rin who spoke this time, except there was more of a cheerful tone in his voice. Kira, who stood his ground, continuing to give them a hard stare, though the two ignored it.

"Sorry, Rin-san, Takashi-san. But I didn't come down here to chat with you two."

As he turned to walk away, he heard someone else come up to him. The footstep's were a bit heavy compared to his, about five foot eleven, two hundred and ten pounds. He turned his head, and found a short, blue-black haired teen walking toward's him, there was a scar on his bottom lip, signifying he had been into a few fight's. His emerald eye's gave him a predator look to him, like a leopard. Kira knew this person all too-well. "Jason." He gave his senior a bow. It was a sign of respect, for a first class noble son, a rather famous king.

"Ah, Kira-san. I didn't except to see you here, amongst all of the... Bastards and the Wenches of the school."

"I can say the same about you, Mr. representative."

Kira gave a simple retort, his voice was lined with laughter. While his senior simply frowned by it. He leaned forward, and whispered. "Don't forget, Kira. I know your secret."

"...!?"

He heard Jason's demonic reply, making his whole body tense up. All the question's and thoughts had seemed to disappear, and his heart had sunken deep into the dark abyss. For a moment, they stood there, feeling different emotions each one had stored away for year's. Then he heard Jason's stifled laugh. "Hehe... God, the look on your face was too damn priceless!"

Kira took a deep breath, his heart had now begun to rise, he thought he was going to have a heart attack! His pulse quickened as time passed without care, like The Sands of Time falling in the hour glass, grain by grain. "You... You bastard!" Kira managed to speak in a hoarse tone of voice.

"Okay... By the way, your sparring partner, Kai, right?"

Jason spoke in a unfamiliar tone, making Kira give a look of confusion.

"...Ah, why about him?"

He asked, Kira scratched his head. 'This isn't like him... What's up?'

"...Be-careful! Even in the light, secret's always remain."

"W-wait! Jason! What the heck is that supposed to mean!?"

Kira's cried seemed to be lost, even as his friend disappeared amongst the crowd, leaving him pondering on what Jason had said. 'Secret's remain? What the hell...?' His gaze shifted towards the moonlight, he could already feel something deep within his gut. He closed his eyes, and whispered to himself.

'Its a warning, I should take it....'