Chapter Seventeen

Part Four

The last round of The Tournament of The Seven Sun's was the most exciting part of all. The final battle had built up crucial suspense, and began driving people mad with wonder and anxiety. The last rounds may have been interesting, adding to the suspense with every blow, attack, and drops blood and sweat, but this particular round was going to be the best of them all.

The sun had set, dying the sky in a bright orange color. The evening was here, giving off more of an anonymous tone throughout the arena.

Sitting on his own near the entrance of the infirmary, Kira listened to the sound of the crowd, their cries of excitement echoed through out the barrack halls. Not only that, when the announcer called out, saying the last round of the tournament would begin in five minutes. Narrowing his eyes, he remembered those pale blue eyes gazing from the darkness with a piercing glare.

Those eyes... they didn't belong to a swordsman, they belonged to a devil...

Kira thought while he clenched his hand into a tight fist. He gritted his teeth together as he remembered Kaname's last words to him, before disappearing in the black abyss.

I'll show you how real swordsman fight... what I merely saw, was child's play. A battle between swords ends one way and one way only... the strongest survive.

He knew what these words meant without any time to think, what his rival was implying: In order to adapt, one had to go through a process, the process of seeing death happen before their own eyes, then apply that to their own survival.

Kira couldn't help but to think Kaname was partially right. But he couldn't agree with his words on Killer Instinct being the top thing everyone showed on the battlefield. Sometimes, it was better to show compassion, mercy, and reason to their enemies who have surrendered, and use your skills' to kill those who insisted on fighting, leaving Killer Instinct as the only option left.

As he thought this, he couldn't hear the infirmary door open. The sound of boots clicking against the floor echoed loudly throughout the halls, managing to pull him back down to earth. Kira turned his head and saw his partner walk out, however, he saw the sight he never saw coming. He saw a piece of white clothing which held her breast in place, but barely managed to cover her chest.

His mouth opened wide with shock by this sudden scene that appeared before his eyes. His cheeks grew hot in a fluster, he had no idea what to think or say at this point. The word "Beautiful" wasn't the right word to describe her, her body possessed something to drive men mad by simply looking at her, and make the goddesses envious of Hikari's elegant curves. Her skin was sleek and soft. It was almost ironic, it was rare for someone so far north to have such a beautiful figure, especially someone with blonde hair.

The northern area of Irá had people with dark brown hair had mostly reigned the city of Lé Meer. It was unnaturally rare for people with black hair, blonde hair, and silver hair to live here, it was considered a treat for those who haven't been to any other part of the country. But Kira had lived in the Northern Territory of Irá for a long time, since the day he was born. But---

He wondered about Hikari, who moved her uniform coat over her shoulders and began buttoning the buttons. Kira stared at her for a moment longer, before calling out in a soft tone of voice.

"Hikari."

The blonde-haired girl turned her head to face him, followed by a soft smile that appeared on her face every time she saw him. She bowed her head with a reply which made him raise a brow.

"Kira-kun... how long have you been standing there?"

"Err... umm, I had just arrived a moment ago, actually. The Headmaster asked me to get you before the next round of the tournament."