Chapter Fourteen: Tournament of The Seven Sun's

Part One

The Tournament of The Seven Sun's.

A large event that happened each year at the end of May. Large crowds of citizen's moved in long line's, purchasing tickets. Journalist's wrote down the events, over exaggerating the number of people and participants of all four school's. The four schools consisted of four participants each, each one carrying a number of swords. Star-Fall academy, Moonlight academy, Rushing River academy, and Blue Cross academy were the largest academies in the world. This made Hikari look around in shock and surprise, a total of sixteen participant's made her feel uneasy.

'Each one has their own unique skill and style... Just remember that, and be sure not to do anything to cause any unwanted attention to yourself.'

Kira's words echoed in her mind, she kept thinking about them, as if they were her only sense of confidence. The dark haired boy had taught her his style, but the name was completely unknown. He didn't really share his past with anyone. Was it out of fear? Or did he catch a case of amnesia? Hikari didn't know, her eyes lingered towards the light of the outside world that had seemed blocked by the door. From the door way, it straight up to a stair case, where that would lead straight the forty-seven foot stage, surrounded by the occupation's of the spectator's.

Over seven hundred people were shouting and waiting for it all to begin. A sense of nervousness hit her, her hands shook in a violent matter. Doubt and fear began to cloud her mind, filling it with negativity.

...Can I... defeat anyone of those students?

She pondered on the thought, looking down at the marble floor. Hikari stared at it for a few moments, then glanced at the white handle of her sword, the neatly decorated hilt felt so different from back then. She let out a long quiet sigh, and said in a low voice,

"...There's no going back..."

"You got that right..."

A new voice made her jump in surprise, making her tense up. But as she did this, the voice made her realize it was her friend and her partner, Kira Akashi. He stood in a shadows, his hair and his eyes perfectly camouflaged with the stretching darkness. Hikari let out a sigh of relief, and let out an exclaimed shout.

"You scared me!"

"Well, don't talk to yourself out loud."

"...It was the first time I had ever done it!"

She heard him chuckle slightly and became rather surprised, it was the first time she had heard him laugh. His dark eyes gleamed with amusement, causing her to react even more.

"It's not funny dammit!"

"Fufu... It is, because I got to see your reaction."

His reply fuled her with more anger, Hikari felt her cheeks burn slightly. Ever since they had met, she had never seen him smile, she never heard him laugh, but until now, it was rather different, it had brought her a sense of familiarity to her. A sense of longing. She continued to look into his dark orbs, still finding amusement. But deep down there was something else, a feeling of sadness, a feeling of sorrow. She didn't know, maybe she'll never know. Hikari had a few guesses, but non had seemed to match up with the feelings she had. Kira looked at her, raising a brow in confusion and spoke in a curious and concerned tone.

"Huh? Hikari-san, what's with that look?"

"H-hah?"

Once she had realized what he was talking about, she immediately shook her head, trying to avoid any further question's.

"I-it's nothing! It's nothing!"

Her attempts to deny what he had seen were in complete failure. It had fueled his amusement even more, Hikari's face had now turned beet red, she did not want to go through her partner's endless teasing.