Chapter Eleven: Starry Night

The sound of the cricket's chirping filled the air, as if they were celebrating the return of the darkness. The moon and the star's revealed themselves, filling the dark night sky with the small and dim light's. The moon's light was reflected off the small waves of the lake, lapping at the shore repeatedly, without end. A light breeze hit the tree's and grass that surrounded the academy, the leaves bristled steadily while the branches waved in a slight motion. A sound of a wolf's howl filled the night's air, bringing a slight notion of fear to it's prey's hearts.

Sitting on the balcony, Hikari looked up at the starry night sky, her blue eyes were scanning the star's, hoping to get answer's for the many question's that swarmed her mind. Earlier today, she had encountered a person with a dark negative energy that began to suck her energy away without a moment's hesitation, a dark brown-haired boy with pale green eyes. Kaname Yakushï. Never before had she seen a person with a dark presence like his, and his eyes which was calm as froze water, had reflected off the frost bitten emotion he carried with him. Hikari felt a cold shudder run through her body, making her shiver at the moment she made eye contact with him.

Those eyes... they belong to someone who was dealt a great deal of pain. ...But show the dark intention of doing something horrible.

She thought while she shifted her position on the chair, while she heard the dorm room door open with a loud *Kachu~!* sound. Hikari turned her head to find her partner, who had returned from the practice room. Despite his injuries, Kira didn't show any sign's of soreness from his wound. But there was a slight change in the atmosphere, she noticed it yesterday when Takashi had challenged him to a match, but this time it was different than before. Hikari also noticed the look in her partner's eyes, a hint of a shadow like emotion within the dark depths of his eyes.

"...Dammit..."

Kira cursed while he launched a fist into the counter, and continued to do so without any hesitation. Hikari got up from her seat and rushed towards her partner who displayed this act of violence upon the kitchen counter. She placed her right hand onto his, and placed her left hand onto his shoulder, hoping that will hinder him from continuing to ventilate his anger even further. That's when she heard him mutter underneath his breath, a sentence which made her wonder what he meant by it.

"I have to get stronger... to shatter that memory. That's why I have to get stronger and to defeat him..."

Kira's body broke into a fit of shudders, making Hikari wrap her body around his. Normally, she wouldn't have done such a thing, not because out of respect to her peer's, but she felt shy when it come to close contact with other people. However, what did he mean by "shatter that memory"? Was there something troubling him that made him push himself to such limits, making him strain his body in combat? No, there was something else, a more sense of determination, making him do things that would make most people run away, instead, he ignored all the dangers and continued to fight without any problems. Hikari didn't know who would continue to fight with injuries under such heavy condition's, but Kira who she didn't really even know, had proven he was stronger than most. Having to stand and fight without backing away in fear.

She lightly gripped his closed fist, and spoke solemnly.

"Your not weak, your stronger then anyone here. Just keep practicing, and you'll surpass everyone who had their name etched into the history books."

"...Do you really think so? A person like me, who possess's no strength at all could surpass even the legends of our world?"

Kira asked in a soft voice, he didn't look at her, his eyes remained focused on the marble kitchen counter. His body still shook with the slightest shudder, making her wonder if there was something bothering him. Hikari didn't know much about her black-haired partner, all she knew was he had no past what so ever, like he wasn't even born into a world controlled by humanity. His dark eyes showed the slightest sign's of emotion; Happiness, Sadness, Anger, these were all human emotions, no matter how hard he tried to cover them up with a blanket of ice. He would always be human. Hikari looked at her partner with a questioning look, hoping that he woulod answer her.