Chapter Eighteen

Part Five

The sound of horse hoofs clopping against the ground, filling Hikari's ears as she looked out the window of the carriage. She saw nothing but the darkness which surrounded the two carriages. She wondered why they needed two carriages for her, Lena­senpai, Kaname, and Kira, who were all in the second carriage, while Annabel and the Headmaster first carriage.

They were heading home after their long day at the Tournament of The Seven Sun's with victory in hand. But an hour before their departure, Akito walked up to Kaname, demanding the dark brown haired boy to face him in a match after his best friends defeat. Fortunately, Kira stepped in, placing himself in front of both his rival and the Red­Swordsman, then he said something to help disperse the confrontation.

"--Akito... if you really want to fight, then next year, at the Tournament of The Seven Sun's, fight me with your all."

Hikari was surprised by her partners words, especially when he stood in between Kaname and Akito, his eyes lit up with a fiery determination. But of course, this enraged the brown haired swordsman, he sent a glare towards the both of them, then turned his back on them, muttering "Next time, Akashi­-san... I will defeat you".

Kira said nothing afterwards, even though he shot a heated gaze towards Kaname and walked towards the carriage. The confrontation which seemed to have been hair­raising, it ended very calmly, in results of a promise which seemed very likely to be kept. Hikari was proud of her partner for keeping his cool, it was better than him going off like a loose­cannon.

Speaking of her partner, she glanced at the black­haired boy who was in deep sleep, his soft breathing filled her ears, but was quickly drained out by the horse shoes clopping against the earth. Kira's eye lids were shut tight, he was sort of curled up in a ball with his head resting on the window. The way he was laying looked uncomfortable, the position in the way his body sat looked like he was going to be sore if he continued to lay like that. Not to mention the wound he received from Akito during the Tournament, it seemed like it was bothering him by the way his face would wince at the pain which coursed through his body.

Maybe if I... place his head onto my lap, maybe he'll be more comfortable...

Instantly when the thought came to her mind, Hikari shook her head to erase it. Her cheeks were slightly red as she thought about it once again, but she managed to erase it quickly before anyone had noticed her.

However, as far as she knew---

"You're blushing."

"Uwah!?"

A voice made her jump slightly immediately after someone spoke, causing her to glance about amongst the faces of those within the carriage. Once she looked to her right, she saw Lena-­senpai who sat by Kaname who was also asleep. The brunette gave her a sly smile while she twirled her hair around her finger, her green eyes glimmered with amusement. Hikari looked away from those emerald eyes, trying her best to ignore the the senior's comment, but failed after Lena's spoke once more.

"Are you checking my cute apprentice out, Hikari­-chan?"

"E­eh...!?"

Hikari's blush deepened at her senior's words, but realized if Lena noticed it, she would never hear the end of it. She opened her mouth to defy her senior's words.

"N­-no! He's my partner, nothing more and nothing less!!"

A chuckle escaped from Lena's lips as she brushed a strand of hair over her shoulder, a flawless motion would have captured the hearts of men within an instant if they saw her beauty. However, it didn't work on two other people who were sitting in the same carriage with them, Kira and Kaname. Since the two were considered to have strong wills, powerful minds, and a strong spiritual presence when they walk into a room, causing the atmosphere to change within a matter of moments of their arrival.