Chapter Four Training

The training room was large for it's kind, the polished wooden floor gave of a small glare from the sun hitting the window's. The white walls were decorated with banner's of the third, and fourth annual tournament's from the later year's. The wooden sword rack's laid bare, revealing the neatly polished handles, and blades. At one end, Kai wore white padding, and a matching helmet to protect his head, and face. While Kira wore the opposite, wearing all black, fitting the name The Black One. They did not speak, only silence had enveloped over the room. Then, Kira broke it.

"It's a first strike match, so you need not worry."

"...Huh? Ah! Yeah!"

Kai unsheathed the wooden sword from the sheathe. A *shrish* noise followed as it was removed from the scabbard. Kira did the same, a drew fourth his own. At first, Kai had no idea what to think; either he was over his head, or if he actually had a chance against his sparring partner. Doubt began to cloud his mind, making him shake uncontrollably. '...Enough! You've come this far, and there's no way of backing out now!'

His subconscious urged him, the shaking stopped, and his heart beat began to slow down. His feeling of time somehow extended, making every fiber within him spark, giving him the ability to show absolute courage.

'...Here we go.'

Kira noticed the slight changed in Kai, finding it rather strange. The room of the atmosphere had changed, the dark feeling made him tense up. He re-gripped the hilt of the wooden sword, this way, he could get a better swing.

'Only five seconds before it begins.'

Time felt like it slowed down all at once, as the seconds seemed to vanish. Before he began to count the remaining seconds.

Three.

Two.

At the last second, they kicked of from the wooden floor. Sprinting towards each other. Their greaves hitting the wooden floor, a *thud* like sound followed each step they took. The distance closed in rapidly, each boy had their sword's ready to deliver an attack, just as they got closer up.

"...Uooooh!"

"SEIA!"

Their shout's seemed to draw each other out. The wooden weapon's clashed, echoing through out the walls of the training room. The fray of wild swings seemed to flash quickly, Kai seemed to be doing well blocking, and dodging Kira's attacks. Though he didn't know anything about the dark haired boy, the only thing he had gotten was he had won thirty five matches.

'...It signifies that he is rather strong!'

He grimaced as he blocked a heavy sword swing from the side, the raw power rattled through his body without any remorse. It was like he was facing against an elite student with a bastard sword.

'...But he's using a One-handed long sword!'

Kai remembered when his father began explaining the differences between the a One-handed long sword, and a Two-handed long swords. Despite the names suggest, the length of the blade, and the length of the handle. But it wasn't the blade that characterized it, it was the hilt.

He remembered this, as he shoved away Kira's sword. He swung his sword diagonally, his muscle tensed when he swung.

*Clank!*

The wooden swords clashed with mercy, splinter's of wood flew across their faces. Kira seemed to be amerced by this, there was no thrill, nor angered that he couldn't land a single hit on Kai, there was only a familiar feeling he had in his eye's. Calmness, it made a familiar sensation, as well with the potential seriousness he had in his tone. But, there was only silence from him, the only words he had spoken were the swing's of his sword.

*Clash!*

Kai side stepped from the incoming horizontal attack from the dark haired teen, and prepared to launch an attack.

"Uwuoooa!"

He swung downwards, missing Kira by an inch. But he wasn't done. He began to release a wild fray of sword swings. Kira was now on the defensive, he parried Kai's sword away. But it didn't stop him on the savage assault of swing's.

'...Dammit!'

Kira growled in frustration, and began preparing for an counter-attack. From what he could tell, Kai was more a Linear, or Agile. The way he moved said it all, fast, and quick. Even the attacks said it all.

'...He want's it to end quickly...In that case then!'

Kira decided to step up, twisting himself, as he swung his sword in a horizontal pattern, hitting his partner's weapon without hesitation, of question. This showed that he was also ruthless, giving his enemy absolutely no chance of winning.

"Ha...Ahhh!"

*Clank!*

*Clash!*

The sound of wooden swords clashing through the hall, filling them with a strange clanking noise. Kira and Kai struck at each other, swinging their weapon's viciously at each other at blinding speeds, without no remorse. Kira's black eye's narrowed, seeing very clearly at the enemies movements, even as the muscle's contracted, revealing the slightest sign that Kai was about to swing.

The other boy swung, missing him by a few centimeter's. Kira hopped away, where he would catch his breath. Their breathing grew heavy, exhaustion hit them like a ton of bricks.

"...Huff...Huff...Huff."

"...Ha...Ha...Ha."

They stood their ground, waiting for either one to make a move. Kai gripped the wooden handle of the sword, he felt his mind swarm with endless questions. While Kira felt his heart beat slow down all at once, calming the storm that began to grow within.

Kai gritted his teeth, and began to plan where he would potentially land a strike. He took a step forward, both of them gaining an initial burst of speed. Kai rushed forward, letting the sword glide in. As for Kira expected this, and waited until he had the right opportunity. The distance between them decreased rapidly, he counted the meter's until they got in close.

'3... 2... 1....!'

Kira gripped the handle of his wooden sword tightly, feeding it his emotion's, as he launched himself forward. He narrowed in on his opponent, finding Kai's blue eye's lock onto his black ones, their swords narrowed in on each other.

"Ha!"

"Uooooh!"

Their scream's filled the air, followed by a strange sound.

Kira's eyes widened, finding pale skin, and blonde hair. No words came out of his mouth, no matter how hard he tried.

'...W-what the hell!?'

In front of him wasn't a boy....

But a girl!