Chapter Fifteen

Part Two

The roaring of the crowds continued on, filling the arena. The last match had filled their satisfaction and they want more. The first match was between Haragashï Akito, and Akashi Kira, the two went at it in a fierce battle, but only one could win the judges attention. Hikari sat with him in the infirmary, the wound he had received during his fight with the Red Swordsman. She was rather surprised by his skill in combat, even though she hadn't seen much of it, only the Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal slashes that she had learned from him.

Despite his injuries, her dark haired partner had been his usual self. Hikari let out a sigh of relief, and began pondering on a few thoughts about Kira.

Is he a son of a Third Class noble? Or is he just like...

A sharp jab was sent to her shoulder, disrupting her thoughts within seconds. She saw him looking at her, his eyes filled with curiosity. At first, she found it rather odd, but after a few seconds, she heard him ask in a low voice.

"...You okay, Hikari-san? Your spacing out again."

"Ah, sorry. Just lost in thought."

Hikari said this in order to elude him from any other question's. She knew Kira was rather persistent. But he said nothing more, and continued to read his book, which the title was different than the last. The last book that he read was Aria of The Darkest Night, now this one (to much of her guess was the sequel) said Aria of The Starless Night. Curious of the story is about, she began to shoulder read from his shoulder. As she read, she found something rather odd about Kira's right shoulder. There was no wound, but an old scar was left behind. Hikari didn't know what had caused it, but the jagged like structure told her it was a dagger. The question...

...Why?

Though her partner was rather secretive about his past, she wanted to know more about him, she wanted to know who he actually was, instead of the person who stood before. But he would always say the same excuses like, "It's non of your business," or something like "It's complicated", and would say nothing afterwards. So, she said nothing, and waited for him to speak after he had flipped the page.

But, I doubt I'll get an answer.

"...The scar... was from my uncle. A sick, and cruel bastard."

"!?"

She looked at the scar with wide eyes, and then began to trace it lightly with her index finger. The feeling of it had brought a sick feeling to her stomach, Hikari felt a similar feeling hit her heart, like an edge of a sharp blade. She looked into Kira's eyes, finding the same feeling she saw before. The feeling of sadness. Like he, as well had witnessed a great tragedy.

"...Kira-kun..."

She said his name barely above a whisper, her eyes brewed lightly, showing the slight sign of tear's. Her arms wrapped around him, pulling his body closer to her. He didn't react to pull himself away, he did nothing but melt into her embrace. Hikari brought her lips closer to his ear, she whispered in a soft voice, hoping it would let him open up to her a bit more.

"...I know you don't want to share your past with me, or the matter of fact, everyone you know. ...But if you hold it inside, it's going to make you weak. You don't have to share everything with me, but just enough so I can help you. So I can understand you, and..."

"...!?"

Kira let out a light gasp, the final part of her advice was whispered barely audible that he couldn't hear it. But he was able to catch part of it, and put it together.

"...Pro...tect..?"

He muttered the last word, as if it was stuck on his throat. She never seen him like this, fragile and weak. Hikari found it rather different than the boy who she had met when she enrolled into the academy, it made her smile. Her dark haired companion showed emotion in front of her for the first time. He looked at her, his eyes slightly breaming with clear tear's, his pulse quickened, making her smile more.