Chapter Six: Changes & Reintroduction

The dark sky took over the world, now engulfing the entire world into darkness. The moon and the scattered star's laid out within the endless sky. The light from the moon gleamed down on the water of the lake to the east, causing the light to reflect off the slight waves. The academy was less active, though the light's of the dorms gave off a slight glow, almost a ten stories high. Kira's dorm room was on the third story, he found it rather easy to travel to his classes, than taking the Chain Elevator to and from the upper floors. The silent and the stillness was still new to him, it made him rather uneasy.

'...Ah, another thing I gotta get use to.'

He thought simply, taking his attention away from the window, and back to his book. He was already on chapter twenty seven, though he was still far from the ending. The book, Aria of The Starless Night was one of his favorite's. Every word would sink into his mind, in carving themselves into it. The other used very well detail to amerce his readers, almost like bringing them into a whole new world.

"...Kira-san, your room is so spacious...!"

He heard Hikari's exclaimed gasp, she was glancing around his room, every nook and cranny without any remorse. Kira wasn't sure if he should laugh, or let out a stern growl to get her to quiet down. But, for some reason, he found it rather amusing, and let her be as she continued to wander around the room. For some reason, she reminded him of a small child, the enthusiasm, and the hyperactive feeling she had stored away made him smile. "...Wow... How did you get this room...?"

"The room itself was about around £34,000 pounds. While the rest of rue furniture... that's a different story."

"T-thirty-four thousand pounds...?"

"Yeah, it took a good chunk out of my pouch."

He smiled slightly and turned a page of his book. His eye's scanned the page, letting the words sink in. Kira didn't pay attention to his room, while she continued to look around the room in dismay.

*Kutu~!*

*Kutu~!*

*Kutu~!*

The sound of someone knocking at the door made him look away from his book. Kira heaved a heavy sigh, he forced himself up from his comfy spot, and began making his way towards the door. Though Hikari's voice made his hair's on the back of his neck stand up on end,

"Who is it?"

"...Shush! Stay hidden!"

He whispered in a harsh tone, though she didn't back away, this irritated him even more. Gritting his teeth, he moved his arm to signal her away. Outside, he heard familiar voices behind the door.

"...Is he even here?"

"Yeah, the light is on, so that means he's here, Sarï."

"Geez Sai, you don't have to be rude."

'...Sarï and Sai?'

He pondered on the thought, completely unaware that Hikari was next to the door. Once he saw her, a few seconds had gone by and he began to panic. '...Ah crap! This is bad!' He tried calling her name in order to stop her, but it was too late.

*Kachu~!*

The sound of the latch coming undone made him sink further into despair. Kira braced himself for a million questions, and made a mental note to lecture her for her stupidity.

The door opened, revealing a dark brown haired boy and a strawberry blonde haired girl, who looked rather confused. They stared at Hikari, who just seemed cheerful as she answered,

"Hello, I'm Hikari Sendõ!"

Kira's mouth dropped open, the atmosphere changed, mixing the tension with the awkwardness. A bead of sweat dripped down his cheek, what where they going to think of him? He unclenched and re-clenched his sweat soaked hands, his heart beat increased, it almost felt like it was going a hundred miles per hour. He slightly clenched his jaw, then spoke with a sort of nervous, yet icy tone of voice.

"...She's my sparing partner... the name Kai was just a handle."

"A... handle..?"

Sarï's voice was mixed with confusion and shock when she muttered her question. Sai had the same look in his eyes, he didn't say anything, he only looked at Kira as he continued to speak. "Yes, she came here because it was her dream... At first I didn't understand, but with tensions running high, and alliances are running thin, I believed she wanted to make a difference. We went to the headmaster, and I agreed to let her stay with me."

...They didn't say anything, which made Kira suspect that he had lost their friendship and trust. He lowered his head, letting his dark bangs cover his eyes. Than his best friends voice brought him hope,

"We don't hate you... From the look on your face, you are shocked too."

"...Huh?"

He let out a surprised gasp, making Sai and Sarï smile and laugh. At the moment, he felt a surge of happiness and gratitude. Kira returned a smile, and spoke with utmost certainty. "Thank you guys..."

For sometime, they exchanged words about the discovery, and the tournament. What Sarï had said about it had intrigued him, he perked his ears and listened to her explanation.

"The tournament, just like the headmaster had said, is in three months... So the selection process is begun early to avoid any mishaps..." She paused for a moment, letting the information sink into their heads before continuing.

"As it stands, Kaname-san, Lena-senpai, William-dono, Thomas-dono, Terra, Jasper, Hakū-san, you, and Hikarï-san... Are the candidate's."

Kira and Hikari looked at each other in surprise, normally First Year's were the last ones picked. This sent a bad vibe to him, making him break out in a cold sweat. '...What's headmaster Jasmine trying to pull... No, what the hell is Kaname trying to pull?' This thought echoed through his mind, though slowly left him immediately after it had arrived.

"...Kira-san, what do you think?"

"........."

He didn't reply, he only placed his hands up to his chin, signifying that he was in deep thought. Kira began trying to put the pieces all together on why Kaname would want him to join the tournament. '...He wants to see my skills... Or maybe he finds it rather amusing to toy with me...' These were the only things that came to mind, which made him ponder on the thought.

"Kira-san?"

Hikari looked at him, her eyes were filled with concern. He let out a simple sigh and smiled. "The headmaster must've had a reason, we'll have to see what she has in store for us." Though he knew it wasn't the case, but it was enough for him. He placed both of his hands onto the table, and spoke reassuringly,

"Thank you, Sarï, Sai. I'll find away to pay you two back." Kira smiled slightly.

"...Nah, don't worry about it. Right now, your guys only goal is to kick some ass, alright?"

Hikari and Kira nodded.

As they watched them leave, he sat on the couch for a few moments longer. He tried to put the second year's behavior together. '...Kaname, your up to something, aren't you...' He thought subconsciously, until her voice broke his concentration. "Well... I'm going to bed..."

"...GAAAH! I said wait until we have the room situated! Listen when I tell you this!"

"It's too late now, we'll take care of it later."

"Hikari-san!"

The darkness that had covered the forest, making it seem rather impossible to see anything. Rain fell heavily, thunder crackled within the sacred night. A figure, wrapped within a dark hooded coat watched the academy from a hill side. Though the rain had soaked through leather, seeping into his cloths, but he didn't mind it. His hand reached into the leather pocket, pulling out a silver pocket watch.

The time had showed it was only midnight. It was almost time for him to leave. The figure lingered for a moment longer, letting out a whisper that seemed lost within the raging storm of hell that continued on forth.