Chapter One Aria of The Darkest Night

Silence...

There was no other word to describe the feeling that had filled the academy. Student's were tucked away in their dorm's, sleeping ever so silently. The moon in the night sky, surrounded by the star's that ever so seemly scattered, as if they were without reach. In the distance, a howl broke the silence, echoing through of the stone hall-way's of the academy. A howl of loneliness... It was even louder than two steel sword's clashing against each other.

Kai sat up in his bed, hearing the wolf cry out. The window was propped open, mostly because he loved to hear the wolves sing to the moon to express their feelings in a way that no one had ever expressed before. His heart beat was steady, but his mind raced with excitement. 'I'm finally here...!' He thought as he flopped down upon the bed.

'...I had always dreamed of coming here...!' Kai tossed and turned with excitement.

"But..."

He whispered softly, feeling his heart slowly sink into the cold water's of his fear's and doubt's. 'How long....' His blue eye's breamed with tear's.

'How long before they discover...'

Kai's eye's starred at the window, to the night-sky, starring at the scattered star's in the darkened sky. 'Discover who I am....?'

He closed his eye's, and drifting into deep sleep....

----------------------------------------------

Kira heard the wolves howl, making him feel restless. Within his heart, everything felt rather different. It was almost like someone had trapped him in the Nero Void. But, it also felt like he could carry the heaviest sword without care. '...Just what the heck is wrong with me?' He whispered in his heart.

'Ever since Kai had arrived here, I've been acting weird...'

Shifting his body upwards, Kira removed the comforters that laid upon him. His eyes moved from each side of the room, finding nothing, but darkness. He let out a soft sigh, and began getting dressed. His hand reached for a pair of dark-leather boot's, completely made from azap. He mostly slept with his pants on, due to he lived alone in the facility dorm room. It was rather spacious, then the student rooms on the first, second, and third floor's.

As Kira reached for a dark sleeved shirt, he heard the sound of doors opening. His body tensed up, making him reach for the handle of a steel sword laid in the corner of the room. But, realization hit him hard, more than any form of weapon.

'...Those who sleep durning the day, and train during the night...Vampire's!'

He remembered the stories he hear from his father about blood-sucking demons, but there was very little evidence about them. When Kira arrived at the academy, he discovered a group of students who mostly slept during the day time hours. They had pale skin, almost close to porcelain. But they didn't trespass on to peoples dorm rooms, and drink their blood. They simply wake up during the night to study, and train before the sun rises.

'Ah, but I think instead of calling them vampire's, why not call them Night-Walkers...?' He thought. Removing his hand away from the weapon, Kira returned his attention towards the shirt he was reaching for moments before the interruption.

Hanging on the hanger that laid within the closet, was a black uniform coat that the students would wear everyday, except for the holidays, and off of school grounds.

Once he put it on, he didn't bother with the button's, he didn't want to waste time, all he was doing was getting a quick drink from the cafeteria.

----------------------------------------------

*Koton*

Kai heard the sound of a door opening, making him jump from his bed within a hurry. He didn't have a sword, or anything of a sort, all he could grab was a broom that laid aside the wall. His heart beat increased ten-fold, like a woodpecker pecking at a tree.

'Just... What the hell is-?' His thoughts were cut off by two girls from the outside, chattering about news of the day.

"Hey! Did you hear about the Princess who ran away?"

"No, what about it?"

"...Rumors say that Hikari Shirayuki, daughter of Elisabeth Ann Rose, and Takumuru Shirayuki was supposed to be engaged a week ago."

Kai heard the two talk excessively, though he felt a cold hand grasp him heart.

"Hang on, is that what happened to Prince Kiyomizu?"

"...Hmm, come to think of it... Ah! Your right! Third Prince of Irá, son of Arashi Kiyomizu, and Lily Anderson. His eldest brother is First Prince Haku, and first Princess Emily."

He raised a brow, he heard the story before. A young prince abandons the throne, no one knew why though, he just left. But, he couldn't shake the cold feeling that gripped his heart tightly. '...This is bad!' He gritted his teeth and dropped the broom.

'...At this rate, they'll-!'

Kai landed on the bed, feeling his heart sink further into despair.

They'll discover who I am!