Chapter Six

Sorry for the typos pals

"Fuck off." Draco groaned, shoving Harry slightly.

They were each laying on Draco's bed, and Harry kept on attempting to kiss Draco's neck. Of course, being as stubborn as he was, Draco didn't allow him.
Originally, they were sharing stories between each other; and just staring up at the ceiling whilst talking. But that changed when Harry decided to be an arse.

Harry sighed and rolled onto Draco, before sitting up with both his legs on the opposite side of Draco.
Draco frowned.

"Come on, Draco! Just admit I'd be top."

"You would not!" Draco replied sharply. "I'm the ultimate top-" He cut himself off as Harry leaned down, his face just hovering over Draco's while his hand sat on either sides of Draco's bed.

Blush instantly Covered Draco's cheeks from the lack of distance shared between him and Harry.

"See! You're blushing. I'm totally top." Harry smirked; but he still didn't remove himself from off of Draco.

Draco pouted and crossed his arms, "I disagree." He replied simply, turning his face so that he wasn't facing Harry any longer.

"Oh, come on." Harry groaned, letting himself drop ontop of Draco; his facing nuzzling itself into Draco's chest. " just admit it already!"

Draco rolled his eyes and allowed his arms to land on Harry's back, "I'm totally top." He stated simply.

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

Before Harry could retort back, their door swung opened, "ah-ha!" Pansy cried, "One point for Draco!" She hollered down to the common room, instantly causing a herd of people to rush up into Harry and Draco's dorm.

"Hey! Not fair!" Harry cried out, jumping off of Draco's chest.

"Is too!" Pansy replied, watching as Hermione sighed and placed a tally mark under Draco's name; angry that so far she was losing.

Draco sat up, "suck on that, Potter!" Draco cried out in triumph.

Harry glared back at Draco before allowing his eyes to look behind Pansy and Hermione.
There stood not only Blaise and Luna, but Dean and Seamus as well.

"Who did they vote for?" Harry asked, crossing his arms.

"Dean is voting for Draco, while Seamus is voting for you." Pansy replied. "We've bet money on it. At the end of the year, whoever gets the most points, each person from the opposite has to pay up in those points to one person on the other team. So we're trying to keep the voters even." Pansy explained.

"You're really betting money on this?" Harry and Draco asked in unison.

"What happens if it's a tie?" Draco asked, his brow raised.

"Then... it won't be." Pansy stated simply. "I'll make sure of it."

《☆》

By the end of the week, Pansy got ten other people to vote on either Harry or Draco- most of them were threatened into voting, but we won't talk about that.
But by the end of the week, the points have only moved up twice. Both in Harry's favour.

"Draco, you're going to loose." Harry commented on their way to the common room. "Just admit I'm top already."

"Someone who needs clarification from another person that they're top, is not a top." Draco replied. "Someone who keeps on begging another person to 'admit' that they're top, is not top."

Harry opened his mouth to defend himself, but closed it, finding he couldn't think of anything to say back, and instead resorted to pouting.

Smirking in victory, Draco stopped at the entrance to the eighth year common room.

"Aren't you coming in?" Harry asked, raising a brow.

"Nope, I just walked you here, I'm going to the library." Draco replied, a smirk still playing on his lips.

Suddenly Pansy jumped out from behind a suit of armour and high-fived Draco, "good one! Trickery, I like it." She smirked, causing Hermione to sigh in annoyance as she tallied a mark under Draco's name, slightly angry that Draco's side got another point.

"Not fair!" Harry whined. "You have Pansy on your side!"

"True, but she didn't help me. This was my doing, Potty." Draco winked, causing Hermione to groan and tally another point under Draco's name.

Harry blushed in embarrassment, a pout once again taking place on his lips.

"I guess I'm in the lead." Draco sighed dramatically. "Oh dear. Well, I have to go." He spun on his heels and quickly made his way to the library, ignoring Harry's over dramatic groan of annoyance.

Once he got in the library, however, someone sat next to him.

"Here to beg again, Po-" Draco cut himself off when he looked up. He wasn't met with the green eyes of Harry, but instead, the blue eyes of Ron. "Can I help you?" Draco sighed as he looked down to his book.

"I need you to give this to Harry." Ron replied, sliding an envelope towards Draco.

Draco raised a brow. "Why can't you give it to him yourself? Not enough Gryffindor courage?"

Ron sighed in response. "It's an apology letter, Okay? He won't let me get close to him at all. Also, he's constantly surrounded by y- his new friends... anyway, please?"

Draco looked down at Harry's name scribbled messily on the envelope, swallowing thickly.
He nodded. "Sure."

Ron nodded as Well, "thank you, Malfoy." With that, he stood up and made his way out of the library.

Draco shoved the letter in his sweater and quickly stood up, completely forgetting about what he had originally went there to do.
He couldn't give this letter to Harry. If Harry and Ron were friends again, Harry would leave Draco.
Draco knew that.
Harry and Ron were- are- best friends... surely Harry would leave Draco for someone he literally went through a war with. Draco couldn't have that. He needed Harry... his life has gotten better because of the green eyed boy... the boy distracted him from the stress he constantly held on his shoulders. He couldn't get that ripped away from him.

At least not now.

And so he made his way to his dorm and sat on the bed; shoving the letter under his pillow for now.

He felt incredibly guilty, but he had no other choice. What else was he to do?
Maybe he was being selfish, but he didn't care.

He needed Harry. At least, he thought he did.
He was his distraction, and that's all he needed to keep the guilt pushed down.