Chapter Seven

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 50 YEARS
Also excuse the typos If there's any im a lazy shit

-

It was late.

Harry had long fallen asleep hours ago- as, it was three in the morning currently.
But Draco hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

Instead, he spent his time re-reading Ron's apology letter- although, it seemed to just get harder each time because of Ron's messy hand writing.
Draco was sure Harry would be able to read it in seconds, though... as, they were best friends.

Draco sighed and re-read the letter for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Harry,
I'm sorry for the way I've been acting. It's really childish and unlike Me, I know. I'm sorry.
I don't really know the reason behind it... I guess I'm just angry about the fact that you went to Slytherin, and completely left Gryffindor. But I'm over that now. I was also angry about the fact you befriended Malfoy- you do realize he's a deatheater, right? But anyway. That's none of my business. Point is; I miss you. Please talk to me. Any time is fine. If you'd like to do it privately, just tell me.
Thank you.
I'm sorry.
-Ron

Draco ran a hand through his hair and hid the letter under his pillow, trying to ignore the guilt eating away at him.
He'd do it eventually, right?
Maybe in a day or two... he just was scared.
He'd get over it, he was sure.

He squeezed his eyed shut, willing himself to fall asleep. And eventually, at five in the morning, he did.

-

Draco was abnormally grumpy throughout the day- more than likely due to lack of sleep, or maybe it was simply because of the letter, but probably a mixture of both.

In fact, he's snapped at over ten people in the span of thirty minutes, which is a record for him. Usually it would be an hour.

"Draco, what's wrong?" Harry asked as they were walking to their first period class. "You've been snapping at everyone."

Draco glared over at Harry, but his glare quickly softened when he picked up on the genuine concern Shining through Harry's eyes.

"Nothing." Draco grumbled. "Didn't sleep well."

Draco was in an internal conflict between hiding away from Harry so he can distance himself instead of getting hurt when he gave Harry the letter, or clinging onto Harry for as long as he could, practically soaking up his existence. He didn't know which one would hurt him more when Harry finally left, and it was stressing him right the fuck out.

They were on their way to their third period class, and they just passed Ron; him and Draco locking eye contact, before each quickly looking away. Harry noticed, however.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, raising a brow in Draco's direction.

"What was what about?"

"That... you two basically had a conversation with your eyes." He narrowed his eyes at Draco, feeling jealousy begin to bubble in his stomach. He didn't know whether he was jealous about the fact Draco may be trying to befriend Harry's old best friend, or the fact his old best friend was trying to befriend... ah, his friend with benefits?

"I don't know. It just happened. There was no meaning behind it, Potter. Why? Are you jealous?" Draco rose a brow, and for a second he forgot about the letter.

Harry scoffed, "jealous of what? You and Ron? What is there to be jealous of?"

Draco shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe we're secretly lovers."

"As if."

"It's not impossible."

"Ron would soon rather die than date you, Draco. He's as straight as a board."

Draco shrugged again, " it could all be a façade, Potty. Anyway," Draco turned, "I have to get to class. See you later." With that, he turned away and went into his third period class, leaving Harry to walk to his own.

-

"Oh, Merlin." Pansy groaned as Draco sat next to her and Blaise. "Are you going to yell at me for eating a salad, Mr. Something Crawled Up My Ass And Died?"

"Listen, Miss. Witch Bitch-"

"Good one." Pansy cut him off and took a bite of her salad.

"I know. But I have a perfectly good reason to be snappy. You mind your own business and eat your salad, while I'll just argue with my self internally. Sound good?"

"I mean, it would sound good, if I weren't your best friend. But, you see, I am your best friend, so you better tell me who I have to murder, or I'll throw a fit." She put her fork down and scowled at her plate, afterwards grabbing some sort of dessert.

Draco shook his head, "it's really nothing, Pans. It's just me over thinking things." He looked at the food around him and suddenly felt nauseous.

"Well, that really is nothing new, is it?" Blaise said from the side, "but you not eating is new. Remember what happened before? When you stopped eating altogether? Don't fall back into that, Draco."

Draco rolled his eyes, "I won't. I'll get something at supper. But for now, you can find me in the library if you need me. But please don't need me, I'd like to be alone." With that, he stood and exited the dining hall, not even realizing Harry wasn't in the dining hall at all.