Milkshakes and Movie Princesses

Michelle's P.O.V

His amber eyes stared at me and I couldn't help but adore the golden hue his eyes held. I just have brown eyes so let's worship this god.

Awkwardly, I took a sip from my milkshake because let's just admit this, I'm a carboholic. Still staring at him, I stirred the straw around in my glass. "So..." I trailed off. Silence is probably the most uncomfortable thing in the world, except spiders. Those things have too many legs and eyeballs, they're hairy, and they crawl around so fast it looks like they overdosed. Just thinking about them makes me shiver.

"Hey," he sounded just as awkward as me. Will I no longer be a lonely potato?

"So..." Slapping myself inside again because I literally just repeated what I said 30 seconds ago. "I'm Michelle, Michelle Wong." I also meet new people as if I'm a sales associate.

"Scott Chazan," he said cooly.

Sipping on our milkshakes awkwardly, I admired his beautiful cheekbones. He is so blessed, why can't I be blessed? This conversation was going slower than me taking my math exam. Why can't the asians are good at math stereotype be true for me?

"Well, let's hope this milkshake brings all the boys to my yard..." Anything but that Michelle, anything. The cringe of that was ten out of ten would not recommend.

I watched as he spit his milkshake back in the cup and laughed. Wow, maybe I am secretly funny and talented. 

"Song references, I speak them," he laughed. "It's really the only language I speak because I'm literally failing english. Then again, my teacher hates me."

"Well, my problems seem childish compared to yours right now."

"So, I'm assuming you're lonely," he leaned in towards me. Is he interested? Probably not, but let's be honest, I wouldn't be interested either.

"No, I'm just exclusive." I flipped my hair obnoxiously and sipped delicately from the straw.

"Oh, I see. I'm just plain lonely."

"I can tell." I looked him up and down and made a snobbish face.

He laughed again and it sounded like jingle bells, beautiful. He looked at me, straight in the eyes. "I will also assume that you're in college unless you're one of those high school students that put on way to much makeup. Or maybe you're one of those cringey middle school musical.ly girls, I don't know anything about society anymore."

"You can say that again. My boyfriend of three years decided that he was over me, so he started making out with another girl. It was absolutely disgusting because it sounded like they were you know." I made a weird gesture with my eyebrows.

"Oh, I see. How dare you lie to me? You said you were exclusive."

I snorted. "That's basically a fancier word for lonely."

"Yes, like how I'm not fat, I'm just thick."

"Sure," I said, trailing off.

"Come on, I thought we had a real friendship here." He threw his hands up in the air dramatically.

"I think the ship in friend crashed," I told him.

He laughed again and suddenly his phone buzzed. I watched as his screen lit up with a text message and he looked down to read it.

He got up, the sound of the barstool scraping the tile brought misery to my ears.

"Hey, I have to go, but see you Michelle." He walked off quickly before I even had the chance to say bye.

Slumping down in my seat once again, I sipped the thick shake. Sighing, I'm back to square one, being a lonely piece of squash again. Maybe I'll talk to him soon. Snorting to nobody except myself. Highly unlikely Michelle, he ran away just like Cinderella, and happy endings don't exist in your world.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note-Current Mood: 😌

Finally done, I felt so inspired. Short chapter, I know, but life is short. I think, I wouldn't know. I don't have a life. But on the bright side, it means I don't have to end it. (Cue awkward chuckle) Please kill me.

678 WORDS