Milkshakes and Misses

Michelle's P.O.V

"I am going to kill myself soon," I mumbled angrily to myself. Scott, he thinks I have a boyfriend. He thinks he was my side chick. Wait, what do you call guys who are on the side? Side roosters?

RRRIIINNNGGG!!!

"Who is it now?" I muttered, picking up my phone. Viktoriya, great.

"Hello?" I managed to ask before she rudely interrupted me.

"It's all over the internet! You and Lorenzo!" I heard her scream out of frustration.

"I know," I told her solemnly. 

"I thought Lorenzo and I's realationship was real! I thought it would be long term but nooo." She slammed a door and stomped so loud I could hear it through the speakers.

"Vik," I whispered into the phone.

I heard a few shouts and a couple of swear words being thrown around. "Yeah? What's wrong? You sound like you're about to cry the Atlantic Ocean."

"Scott," my voice cracked. "He heard, he thought Lorenzo was my boyfriend and we were an official couple-"

"God! Really?" 

"Yeah, he blocked me and everything." I looked at my phone with blurred vision and soon tears stained my face.

"That's terrible," she whispered, but then cleared her throat. "Look, Michelle. Let's get real here. You met him at a milkshake shop and you only saw him like what? Three times? Your relationship didn't seem very serious in the first place. You have to get over him, quickly. If you managed to get over Burke, who you dated for three years, in a few hours, you can get over Scott, okay?"

I sat on the floor, leaning against my bedpost, agape. Viktoriya was supposed to be my friend, the person who sympathized for me and comforted me. Why the hell was she treating me like an emotionless being right now?

The rage built up inside of me and my sadness and anger blinded my sight and teared up every single piece of good memories with Viktoriya inside my head. "You know what?!" I asked her, my voice filled to the brim with pure aggravation. "I am so tired of this so called friendship! I loved Scott and all you have to say is 'Get over him?' What the actual hell is wrong with you?"

"Why are you getting so mad at me?!" She yelled. "I have done nothing but be realistic with you! You met him THREE times, THREE! You're not speed dating at Hogwarts, you don't find your soulmate that easily! Why don't you get out of your little 'Privilege Bubble' and realize what the world is really made out of!"

I breathed heavily, my eyes were staring at my fists. I breathed shakily into the phone and took a deep breath. 

"These relationships are in the movies and books. Real life isn't a Disney movie Michelle! He isn't your Prince Charming from a foreign land and he isn't your ideal mate made from pure fiction! Why don't you get a grasp on reality because not every love story is up to your standards!"

The line went dead and I was left there, alone, in my dorm room, sobbing my heart out into a phone where nobody would answer.

Scott's ignoring me, my parents don't listen to me, and Viktoriya, she hates me. Everything was going so right before, when did life turn left?

Author's Note

Damn, I haven't updated for a while, sorry about that. Writer's block is a bitch. Anyways, short chapter, I know. 

School is starting up for me and I really want to die in a hole. Anyways, enjoy and I promise I'll try to update frequently.

603 WORDS