Milkshakes and Memories

Michelle's P

Michelle's P.O.V

Can't. Go. To. Sleep. 

I pounded my head on my pillow repeatedly, until I heard my roommate stir of course. I froze, hoping that my roommate, Katie, didn't wake up because she's a literal ogre in the morning if she doesn't get enough rest. Who am I kidding? Even if she gets the recommended eight hours of sleep, she's still an ogre anyways.

Hearing her snore again, I slowly climbed out of bed. Grabbing my sweatshirt, I silently slipped out of the room.

The aftermath of drinking before you're 21, getting sugar high. Honestly, I probably would prefer  a hangover just because I prefer to not be sleep deprived.

The cool, fresh air hit me right in the face, and after walking for a while, a branch did. Lovely, just lovely.

I could barely see anything because the campus was obviously so well lit. Almost as lit as my dance moves. You may be asking, Michelle, why are you so stupid? After almost getting molested, why are you going out at 2 A.M? Alone? With no way to contact the world?

I'll tell you why. Because I am stupid and I can't fall asleep. That means I am literally dead inside, which means I don't care anymore. That leads to depression and depression leads to suicide. Suicide is basically death and I'll be enjoying my stay in hell very soon because I for some reason laughed when Nemo's mother died.

Sighing, I watched the stars, or rather searched for them. I couldn't seem to see many because of all the pollution. I would say save the planet, but I just threw my granola bar wrapper on the ground this morning so, no.

Leaning against the tree that bish slapped me, I closed my eyes. If I listen close enough, I could hear the distant sirens. Also known as, my ride because I swear I'm going to die soon.

A rush of cold wind blew my way and I instantly shivered. Not wanting to die from hypothermia, I rushed back inside the dorm buildings.

I creeped inside and walked past multiple rooms with their lights still on. Probably because of late night studying or just people who, hands down, cannot go to sleep as well.

If only I could use the kitchen without people hating me for a lifetime and a half at two in the morning, I would totally make me some soothing warm milk. But no, because unfortunately, I have to share. Why couldn't I be part of a sorority house? I would still wake people up anyways, have you heard me in the kitchen? It's like somebody's teaching twenty elephants to dance.

Sneaking back into the room like Swiper the Fox, I bumped into my desk's corner and screamed out in pain. Just so you know, Swiper wasn't very good at sneaking, or swiping, or anything in general.

I heard Katie turn on the bright light next to her bed. 

"What the literal hell are you doing Michelle? It's two in the morning! You know I have to be in class by six!" She blinked her light brown eyes at me, still trying to adjust to the light that's brighter than my future.

"Sorry," I said sheepishly. Stupid me, I forgot that there was a desk near the door. Well actually, I forgot there was a desk period.

"Whatever." She turned off the light, and I was greeted with darkness, that was still brighter than my future. I heard her move around in bed as I quietly tip-toed to my own. 

Laying down silently on my mattress, I hugged my pillow. Gosh, still can't sleep. Even after a short walk, a bruise the size of China, and a roommate grouchier than the Grouch himself, my sleep schedule has officially been ruined.

Turning around to face my wall, I forced my eyes shut. Must've worked because the next thing I knew it was

RRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!

Ugh, morning. Sliding out of bed and collapsing on the floor, I stayed there for a few minutes, staring at absolutely nothing. Finally having the urge to get up, I slowly picked myself up off the floor and groaned as if I was almost as old as a brown banana.

Dragging my feet to my closet, I threw a pair of sweats, a t-shirt, and a hoodie on my bed. I put on the clothes swiftly and grabbed my phone from its' charger.

8:30, class starts in 15 minutes, just enough time to get a bagel. I'll just sneak eat it in class, not being Swiper the Fox this time. 

Paying for my breakfast, I rushed to class and saw a guy in his pajama pants riding one of those Razor scooters. That is a smart man, maybe I could hop on?

Everyone in high school was so judgy. If you didn't have the new skinny jeans, outcast. Hand-me-down clothes, loser. Didn't have a date to prom, weirdo. Now here's college, the "popular" people here are the ones who ride mobiles made for kids to class.

Walking down the stone path to the main building, I looked down at my phone. 8:28, holy schnitzel! I ran to Physics as fast as my legs could carry me.

Stealing a seat, in the back just before the lecture started, I sighed with relief. One thing has gone right today at least.

I swear my teacher is older than physics itself. Not only did he forget where he put his glasses (they were on his head), but he dropped a pile of textbooks, but didn't hear or see a thing. This douche needs to turn his hearing aid up.

Trudging through the rest of my classes, I was finally greeted with sleep at English III. I put my head down as the instructor droned on and on about the improper punctuation on our essays, while reading the "decent" ones out loud. I slept throughout half the period and woke up to a talking Mrs. Callaghan in front of the classroom. She was in the middle of a yawn-worthy essay and I closed my eyes again. And to think I used to like English.

I tilted my head up and I found a paper floating to the side of my leg. Lazily reaching for it, I saw it was my essay with a big fat A- written on it. This woman, so observative, I loved how she definitely saw that I was sleeping. I remember she made us read a book once and it said "The blanket she was covered with was green." The teacher made me want to fall into oblivion as she talked about how green represents envy, and that the girl was jealous. You know what I thought it meant? The blanket was green, that's what I thought it meant.

Slumping in my seat, and staring at the clock longingly, I congratulated myself when she dismissed us, ten minutes after we were supposed to. Don't you remember those teachers that would be like: The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do. Well, last time I checked, that bell was called the dismissal bell.

Too bad high school's over, just kidding, high school was an absolute nightmare. The "Queen Bee" of the school despised me and was out to ruin what she could make of my "social life." Nobody actually wanted to hang out with me, not even the other so-called misfits, I was apparently too good for them or some senseless piece of crap like that. 

Crippling onto my bed, I smiled to myself for a second. College isn't like that. I have freedom, that female dog is studying abroad, and I may have found myself a friend. Burk hasn't called or texted me, so he's either too busy making out with his side chicks or too busy making inappropriate love with them. I don't know, you choose.

Grabbing my phone out of the pocket of my sweats, I turned it on. 5:47 P.M, I could get some dinner and stop by that milkshake shop, maybe the amber-eyed boy named Scott will be there again. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note-Current Mood: 😴

Too lazy for an author's note.

1363 WORDS