Chapter 22

Two Weeks Later

I scowled at the cupboards as I searched them for a bag of chips. "Seriously?" I slammed one of the cupboards closed as I threw a scowl at the vampires hanging around the table. "For people who drink that much blood, why the fuck do you eat all my chips?" I threw a dark glare at them and they held up their hands in a gesture of innocence. They were in various positions around the table and I glowered darkly at them all.

Seriously, I had no idea why they always ate my food. I had been under the assumption that vampires couldn't eat food. They did. A lot of it. I felt like I was in a never ending loop of buying groceries. I was just happy Mordecai gave me his bank card when I went to pick them up. I could have sworn I had spent well over a thousand dollars on just food in the three weeks I had been in the coven.

"I bought like eight bags of chips yesterday." I had stocked up on snack foods because vampires loved movie nights and they would throw a fit if they didn't have all their snacks. I knew they had another long movie marathon last night because they didn't know the meaning of people needing sleep when the sun went down.

"We didn't eat your chips." Penelope made a face at me as she lazily thumped her hands against Lyle's chest. Lyle shifted, ignoring the female vampire hanging off of his back. Her feet dangled over the floor and she seemed completely unconcerned by his lack of interest.

"I don't trust any one of you." I yanked open another cupboard and looked carefully for the hidden package of Tim Tams I had put there yesterday. I spotted it before grabbing it and slamming the cupboard closed. "Be glad you didn't eat these." I shook the package and their eyes went wide, zeroing in on the package in my hand. I gave a heavy growl before leaving the room.

"Lanie!" The name came out in a bellow as the rapid fire chatter returned as I left the kitchen.

"In the living room, Bear!" At the words I immediately headed for the large room. I didn't want to deal with any of the others at the moment. I entered the room and headed for the couch. I flopped down beside the female vampire before holding out the package of Tim Tams.

"Tim Tams!" Lanie gave an excited squeal and took the package from me.

"They didn't eat them but they ate my chips." I was still irritated by that. I had simply wanted some regular chips and they had ruined it. My day had been shit and I had just wanted my chips.

"Oh." She looked at me from her position in ripping open the package of treats. "I hid a bag of the chips in my room so they couldn't eat them all." She gave me a soft smile and I couldn't help the grin I gave at that.

"You did?" She was the best. I knew I had liked Lanie for a reason. Well, there were other reasons I liked her but this was just one more of those.

"Yah." She nodded. "I knew they were on the hunt for snacks last night so I hid you a bag." She pulled out a Tim Tam and wiggled in excitement as she ate it. The edges of her form growing increasingly blurry.

"Love, focus." Zeke poked his head into the living room and Lanie rolled her eyes before looking at him.

"Can you get that bag of chips from our room?" She glanced at me. "Bear had a rough day." The nickname had me wanting to roll my eyes. She had started calling me that after one of the particularly bad phone calls I had with Sorrel. At the thought my wolf bared his teeth, he was still upset because of the conversation we had with the agitating female earlier. I shook it off, Lanie had called me Bear because she said I grumbled like an old bear with a sore tooth. As I didn't mind the female, I didn't mind the nickname, I was actually growing slightly partial to it. It was better Bear than mutt, lap dog, pet, or Mene forbid, hot stuff. The last one was courtesy of Shiloh.