Chapter 38

Two weeks later

I tugged on the sheet, looking towards Ollie who had the other corner. He stapled the sheet to the frame we had made and I reached over when he was done, careful not to lean too far over and fall off the ladder. We were building a temporary screen to watch a movie on. It was my latest date idea for Sorrel. She had expressed to me that she had never been to a drive in theater. I didn't have the ability to make her a giant theater to drive to but I was able to build her a smaller one we could have right on the territory.

I took the stapler and quickly stapled the rest of the sheet along the top of the frame. "Did you get the side?" I looked at Ollie and he nodded as he came down his ladder. I pulled on the sheet carefully and stapled it down the side as I came down the ladder. I tried my hardest to make sure there were no wrinkles in the white fabric. "How does the sound system look?" I looked down at Ollie and he nodded, shifting one of the large speakers next to the frame.

"It looks good. Do you think we hooked it up alright?" He stepped back from the make shift screen and I gave a small shrug as I stepped off the ladder.

"I think so, we looked it up and followed the video instructions." If we did it wrong then the video had done it wrong. "Are they still busy?" I looked towards the gym. Sorrel was running some training for a potential new Master-at-Arms. Before I had snuck out she had gone through a decent amount of pack members who were attempting the position. She was a sight to see as she took down the potentials. Her form was perfect and her strength was apparent. She definitely pulled her hits but I liked that, she didn't use the small competition to showcase her strength but rather to showcase theirs.

"Linnette says there are about ten more competitors and so far they have about seven picked out to move on to further training." At his evenly delivered statement I nodded. Ollie was ever the calm and rational person and I was glad that he was helping me out because I was mentally freaking out about it. Sorrel and I had gone out over a half a dozen times and we always enjoyed ourselves but I still got that feeling that she wasn't going to like the date idea. Ollie was great for telling me I was acting ridiculous and keeping me focused on the task at hand.

"Think we will make it in time?" I wanted to have everything set up and ready for when Sorrel was done. The sun was starting to set and I wanted to make sure we were completely ready to the point we would just need to turn on the movie and relax.

"Yes, everything is pretty much done, just need to check the power." The smaller male checked the extension cords, making sure the power was being run accordingly. I liked his rather bland answer, he was a good male and a rather great friend. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him intently as he moved to the projector. He turned it on and off a few times, adjusting the positioning so that it was centered on the screen.

I hadn't really had friends before, my position negated hanging out with others. I was of the Alpha Blood line and we didn't mix with the common shifters on a casual basis. Having him being the rational voice to my thoughts and having him simply being there was something I appreciated greatly. Having a friend was something I appreciated greatly.

I watched as he stiffened slightly before glancing upwards. His face turned red and he glanced behind himself confused. "What?" He looked at me warily and I shook my head before grinning. "Seriously, what?" He looked around once more, as if trying to find the reason I was staring at him like I was.

"Want a drink?" I walked over to the small drink cooler I had brought out. I pulled out a beer and an iced tea, tossing the tea to Ollie. He caught it with a small sound of surprise. "I promised we would have a drink." I lifted the beer as I moved to stand beside him. I had heard Linnette saying that Ollie didn't particularly like alcohol and I kept that in mind when planning out the drink night we would have. I kept spare pop around just in case the opportunity arose.