Chapter 37: Part 2

He set the groceries he was carrying onto the seat next to my bag and I slowly relaxed into the seat as I pondered the question. "Sounds good." I gave a small nod, making pizza with Arlo was a very intriguing idea and surprisingly I wasn't as nervous with that idea as I was with going to a restaurant with him. Perhaps it was the lack of eyes that would be on us. Plus it wouldn't be in the mundane public, which was something I knew my wolf would not appreciate or like.

He gave a quick nod and settled into his own seat before starting the truck up. I put on my seat belt, shuffling a bag of groceries to the side to do so. "So are you excited about making a pizza? Or have you made a pizza before? Because I haven't and I'm rather keen to try it out." He reversed out of the parking spot and I nodded.

"Same. It might be the blind leading the blind." I wasn't a big cooker. I knew how but I liked to keep things simple when doing so. Elaborate meals were not my forte. That was more up Ollie's alley. That was something we had learned the longer he had been in the pack. He had pretty much taken over the cooking. He said it calmed him.

"Well hopefully that pizza dough kit has some good instructions because I don't think the coven has any recipes on making pizza." He turned onto one of the back streets and I felt a smile tug up the corners of my mouth.

"One would think with how much they eat that they would have some type of food recipe in the house." I gave up on trying to understand the vampires a long time ago. According to them if it wasn't pre-made, could be ordered in, or junk then it wasn't worth the hassle.

"I think Zoe takes them all when she leaves." I couldn't disagree with that. Zoe liked travelling between covens and when we were helping her get over the death of her Zoi she took to cooking. After she was half ways back to being okay she took to going to the other covens to take her mind off of things.

"When was the last time she stopped by?" I hadn't seen her in quite a long time and I and my wolf were worried that she might have been regressing.

"Last week. She was going to the Greek Coven, something about wanting to see mater." He gave a small wave of his hand as he turned the truck down a lesser used street of the town.

"That makes sense. Did she look okay when you saw her?" I really wanted to have some news that she was still doing okay.

"She looked listless but was excited about going to Greece." He pulled the truck down a shadowed street and carefully parked it in front of a dark alley. "You don't have to worry, everyone is sending us updates on how she is and she is doing well." That helped me feel a bit better about not being able to see her myself. I missed the coven, I truly did. Almost enough that I was tempted to completely forgive Cai just to get unrestricted access to it. Almost, not quite though.

Arlo grabbed the bags of groceries, not giving me any time to protest, as he got out of the truck. I quickly undid my seat belt and followed him. I looked around for mundanes as he entered the alley without a word, when i couldn't spot any I followed after him. "Aren't you going to lock your truck?" It seemed odd that he would trust the mundanes that well. I didn't trust them for the small amount of time I would go into the store. There were too many stories about robberies for me to trust anything of the pack's in town.

"Would you steal that thing?" He glanced at me from over his shoulder and gave me a grin that made my cheeks heat up and my gaze skitter away.

"Good point." The previous ease I had felt with him during the small bit of excitement in the store was seemingly gone. I was once again aware of just how attractive he was and just how utterly unsure I was about myself and the beginnings of the relationship we were creating. Arlo stopped moving and I held myself a few feet away from him, shifting on me feel nervously. My wolf practically rolled her eyes at the motion, it was a far too human gesture that made me want to flick her ear. She didn't need to show that much sass at my nervousness. It was normal.