Chapter 30

Hulk man starts on the offense first, throwing multiple swings to Sterling's head, which he expertly dodges, left and right. Despite not being able to use his arms, he manages to keep his balance and stay agile on his feet, deflecting all of The Crusher's attacks and flitting swiftly across the ring to distract him — which appears to work, because he just gets addled and frustrated, looking like 'hulk want to smash'.

Hulk man tries to increase the intensity of his attacks, but Sterling holds his ground, remaining on the defense. Up until this point he hasn't launched any attacks, while hulk man looks like he's starting to get tired, breathing faster and shallower.

Sterling catches a momentary opening and sends a hard kick to his side, followed by another straight to his gut while he's off balance, which makes The Crusher stumble back. Sterling advances in an instant, crouching in a low quick sweep under his opponent's ogre feet, before shooting back up and sending a flying high kick to his chest, landing squarely on his two feet.

My jaw drops in awe. What is he — some kind of new-age Bruce Lee or something? I'd seen him fight before, but nothing like this (obviously).

The Crusher crashes to the ground, which causes the audience to gasp and yell. The Crusher himself seems stunned, and quickly fumbles back up. While he's still vulnerable, Sterling launches a rapid series of attacks using only his legs and feet, until hulk man is backed up to the ropes.

At one point, The Crusher manages to gain dominance and flips their positions, so that Sterling is pressed up against the ropes. He gets a good undercut at Sterling's stomach, which makes my own suddenly curl up in distress. I grip tighter onto my drink and look on with widened eyes.

But after taking the hit, Sterling looks barely fazed, using his skull to smash into his opponent's head to stun him so that in one swift motion, he manages to duck under and spin to the side before The Crusher has time to react, and he's now directly behind him.

Sterling brings his elbow back as far as it can go, and jabs him, hard, in the spine. Hulk man howls in pain and arches his back, spinning around in anger to face his opponent, but he's not there anymore. Sterling is already one step ahead.

Sterling hooks his handcuffed hands over the post at the nearest corner of the ring, using it to prop himself up as he ascends the ropes. He builds his momentum, then forcefully propels himself upwards and twists his body in an aerial spin during which he locks his unknowing opponent's head between his ankles, flipping and throwing him towards the ground. The Crusher hits the ring with a loud thud.

I sip on my drink excitedly, totally engrossed in this heated match, unable to tear my eyes away from the spectacular fight.

The Crusher tries to get back up just as Sterling plants both feet back on the ground, and shoots another powerful front kick to his chest, sending him sprawling across the floor. Sterling stomps down forcefully on The Crusher's stomach multiple times until he stops struggling, then presses his foot down on hulk man's chest to keep him in place as the countdown chants to zero.

The horn blares once again, signaling the end of the match. The audience explodes into raucous screaming, as 'Stephan Nite' is announced as the winner of the limit match.

"Looks like our veteran fighter hasn't lost it yet, folks! Nowhere near!" the announcer yells over the roaring crowd, "impossible as it may be, Stephan Nite has emerged victorious in the limit match without the use of both his arms! This, ladies and gentlemen, will be a match to go down in history!"

Sterling comes down un-cuffed from the ring, panting heavily and sweating profusely under his black hoodie still over his head. I rush to him.

"That was amazing!" I exclaim. He doesn't respond. When I look up at his face, his expression is dark, eyes flashing.