III

It has been a week since Zayn's first encounter with Valencia and it is all he has thought about since. He wondered if she remembered him and their encounter, but he knew she easily forgotten about him by now and it made him upset. He wants to be the only man in her mind. Zayn knows that he makes it hard for him to get her, he doesn't want to make it obvious and randomly bump into her so many times that eventually she'll ask why they're always seeing each other. This past week Zayn stopped going to Valencia's apartment at night, he was itching to see her.

Zayn walked around his apartment, bored out of his mine with nothing to do for the day. He had a shoot today for some singer who is coming out with his debut album soon, but the man had to reschedule for some reason. It annoyed Zayn but they were gonna pay him double now for the inconvenience. Zayn would never pass a big deal like that, especially if it's someone who could possibly blow up in the near future. It can give him more recognition and all Zayn wanted was for people to see his work.

So with nothing to do and desperately wanting to see the brown beauty he adores so much, Zayn caved into his self-discernment, grabbed his camera and walked out his door. The day was entering it's evening haze, it's Zayn's favorite time to take pictures because the sky makes a beautiful marmalade that he always swoons over. He wonders if Valencia likes to watch the sun rise and set. He would love to take pictures of her silhouette as she gazes at the sky, it's a dream of his to capture such beauty with one click.

Drifting off into his own world Zayn almost didn't notice the car in front of him slamming on their breaks making him react and do the same. Zayn, use to the same old traffic he often found himself in, didn't know why the cars in front of him were stopped they had no reason to be. It wasn't until he saw a little girl standing in the middle of the street crying. Zayn didn't know what to do or how to react. He was about to get out of his car but then saw a woman hold the little girl. When the woman turned to face the people in their cars and wave them off, his heart jumped a little in his chest. He felt the normal twist in his stomach he got whenever he saw her.

Zayn doesn't know who that little girl is or if Valencia knows her. While Valencia and the girl make their way onto the sidewalk the cars in front of Zayn accelerated but still Zayn's eyes were on Valencia. Zayn turned his little, black car and parked it by the curb by a beauty salon. He looked back to see that Valencia was still standing there with the girl, but now an older man appeared and he was now holding the little girl in his arms.

The tall, dark man smiled at Valencia, giving her a quick side hug. Zayn quickly snapped a few pictures of Valencia and the nameless man. How dare her touch his girl he thought. Who the hell even is he? Does she know him? So many questions flooded the wild man's mind. The the feeling of hatred consumed him the most. He hates more than anything to see Valencia with someone else that she isn't related or close friends with.

Possessive as he is, Zayn knows more than anyone would think about the girls history. He knew she had a rough past, he didn't know much, but it is just enough for him to feel the need to always be protective over the woman he claims to care for.

Zayn continues to watch the pairs interaction and when he sees the man lean down to kiss her he can't look away. He wants nothing more than to walk across the street and beat the crap out of the man. No one is allowed to touch his girl like that. Zayn captures a few more pictures of that man. To remember what he looks like. He makes a mental note to stop by Marvin's tonight.

The man parts ways with Valencia. A smile evident on her face, making Zayn react quickly to snap a few pictures of her beautiful smile. Valencia was grateful that she was in the right place at the right time. The man, Tony, has been a friend of Valencia's since thy were freshman in high school. They were each others first best friends, and still kinda are. After he had his first daughter their senior year he lost some contact wither her since his main focus was his daughter, but every now and then they would text and catch up. Valencia easily recognized the black beauty in the middle of the street, thanks to the pictures Tony has sent her.

Valencia was all around relieved nothing bad happened to the little girl. Tony kept thanking her and insisted on taking her for lunch later on in the week, which she accepted. She thought the long time friend looked good and was wondering what ever happened to the mother of his child, but she knows they can talk about it during lunch. Valencia kept her walking to the store. She thought since the weather was beginning to get warmer she should get some new clothing.

Zayn waited to see what he next move would be, he decided even though he already got a few pictures of her, he wants more. So Zayn eagerly followed close behind her and waited to see what she will do. When she went into a small boutique he only stayed outside and watched her through the class window. He was trying not to make himself seem so noticeable and tried to blend in with the other people on the sidewalk while still having a good look at Valencia.

Valencia grew bored easily not liking any of the clothes the store had to offer. Zayn on the other hand quickly got distracted by a big group of birds in the sky and thought it would make a great shot. As Zayn was passionately snapping a few pictures Valencia was walking out, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and pulled it out. She paid no mind to anyone or anything around her, distracted by the text her mom sent her. When Zayn turned his body back around Valencia walked right into his built chest. She dropped her phone and almost made Zayn drop his camera.

"Shit," she murmured under her voice as she bent down to gather her phone.

Zayn was frozen in place from being next to her again. She hasn't looked at his face yet and he's hopeful that she will recognize.

"I'm so sorry," Valencia says looking eye to eye with the tanned, jet black haired man she saw the other night. She smiled brightly causing Zayn's stomach to erupt in butterflies. Finally realizing just whom she ran into her stomach filled with butterflies, too, seeing Zayn's beautiful face. "Zayn! Hi!" she chirps.

"H-Hey, Valencia, what are you doing?" he stutters, his words rushing out and his hands begin to tremble.

"He, you're cute," she laughs at him amused by his shy state, "I'm just shopping, you?"

"Just the same old same old, taking pictures," he says calmly. He clears his throat since the most pictures he has recently taken have been of her.

She is curious about the types of photos he takes, she ask, "any good ones I am worthy of seeing?"

Zayn blinks at her like a cat's got his tongue. He coughs "um not really," he lies.

"Aw well someday you should show me some," she says.

"Yeah, for sure," he replies. He licks his bottom lip and Valencia watches the simple act. Her face is crimson.

"Well I should get going, it was nice getting to see you," she says to him, "hopefully we can run into each other again."

Zayn wants nothing more than to see her and be with her everyday. Everything else doesn't compare to these simple interactions they have had.

"I hope so," Zayn says.

"Bye," she says waving to him.

She was sadden that he didn't stop her and ask for her number or something. But maybe he didn't find her attractive like most men. Maybe he didn't like her curves that she loves so much. With that she brushes it off and get him out of her mind. She has grown too much as a person to become insecure about herself, especially not because of what a man thinks about her. She will not let society's expectations define her beauty.

So she left, another one lost. But she didn't know the truth about anything. She knows nothing of Zayn, how he feels, and his obsessions with her.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey gorls
YA GIRL IS JUGGLING SCHOOL, WORK, AND WATTPAD??
I did: THAT

Lmao I'm slowly dying.

Lemme know what y'all think about this so far.

Anyway, enjoy!
Xx