Chapter 14

Recap: Where did this flirtatious person come from?

I head back to my table.

But little did I know, that there was a jealous boy watching the whole scene. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down with Eunbyul, eating my lunch. I had rice with soup and some meat, while Eunbyul had a feast. Soup, rice and more side dishes than I can count.

"Eunbyul, you have so much food. You said your dad packed this?" I said trying to get some abalone. 

"Yeah, you can have some. I can't finish it all anyways." She says pushing dishes towards me.

"Don't mind if I do." I say as i stuff my mouth with food.

"This is so good Eunbyul, I should start packing my own lunch too." 

"I can pack you lunch too if you want."

"Woah. You must have a lot of money if you can make extra food like this."

"I really don't. "

We both eat in silence. Well, until a bunch of people decide to interrupt us. 

'What type of makeup are you using?'

'You're so pretty'

'Please be my friend'

'Can we sit with you?'

Just as I was about the say "no", Eunbyul says,

"Sure, you don't mind right Areum?"

"I don't mind. Make yourselves comfortable." I smile.

I mean, I guess making new friends won't hurt.

Right?

By the time lunch has ended, I barely got to talk to Eunbyul. She was chatting with the people who sat at our table. I talked to some of them too, but I just wanted to talk to Eunbyul, The bell rang and everyone rushed off, leaving their garbage behind for the janitor. Even Eunbyul left her garbage. Don't forget, she also left without saying a word to me. I didn't feel like going to my next class. So I sat in the cafeteria. By myself.

"Oh? What are you doing here? You should be in class right now."

I look up seeing what seems like a middle aged man.

"I'm the janitor. Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"I don't really feel like going to class right now honestly." I say.

"My name is Song Jungsu. You can call me whatever you want."

"Mr.Song? That sounds familiar."

"You might recognize it from Ms.Song. The one who works at the front desk."

"Ohhhh. You're married to her? I didn't know that." I say as he sits down, holding his mop in his hand.

"Well Areum, not a lot of people do. She works at the front desk where she is know to people while I'm stuck here mopping up all these kids trash.

"Oh."

I suddenly felt so bad for Mr.Song. All these kids just leave the trash for him to clean up. I bet he doesn't even get paid that much. An idea came to my head at that moment.

"Mr.Song, can I help you?"

"Well only if you want to. You should be in class though." He said throwing a cloth towel at me. I smiled. I began wiping down the tables and throwing any trash in the garbage.