100K Special

This is just a one shot I wrote for you to celebrate 100k reads. 

+

I close my eyes, images flying thorough my mind. Every time I close my eyes, I see pictures of her smiling, laughing, having more fun then she would have if she was with me. I lay in bed, completely numb. I turn over to see myself, looking at myself in the mirror, fatigue taking over my face completely. I feel worn out. My dog, Tib comes up and licks my face attemting to make me feel better. It works for a spilt second.

I take out my phone and scroll past the dozen of pictures that I have already seen before. Everyone looking happy with their friends, except me. I felt hopeless, worthless and most importantly emptiness.  I just wanted the slight bit of affection and love from someone. I just wanted someone to care for me but how could I? I was always getting angry at everyone who came near me. Who tried to help me. I can only suffer alone.

She was the light of my life. That sweet laugh she did every time I told a corny joke. Her cute dimple that showed up every time she smiled that wonderful smile of hers. How she would cover her face with her sweater paws every time she got embarrassed. 

She made me feel alive.

But that all went downhill when she left me for another guy. Specifically, one of my close friends.

I remember seeing them both together, doing the things that we used to do together but now they were all in the past. 

What did I do to deserve this?

All I did was nothing but give to my girlfriend. I give, give and give but I guess that all meant nothing to her. I bought her many items. She wants it? She got it. What's so good about this new guy anyway?

She never looked back at me once she left me. It was almost as if she only dated me for my money. I wasn't even rich though. Yet she still dated me. Did she ever love me? Did she ever care for me? Was it all an act?

I decided to stop being so lazy despite me wanting to do absolutely nothing. It was already late, but I wanted to get some fresh air. I head to the park as Tib sits by the door of our house.

+

My breath is ragged.

"Please..." I barely gasp out.

"Make it stop..." I clench my chest as it starts to slow down.

I could see her laughing and giggling with him as she hits his shoulder. Maybe he told a funny joke?

They were sitting on a bench not too far from where I was. Late night date I'm guessing.

I try my best to pull my phone out of my jean pocket to call for anyone to help me.

As my breathes get slower and slower, the last things I see, is her smiling her widest smile and him looking away from my eyes.

+

3 years past and the girl was doing better than ever. She had never heard of him ever since she broke up with him.

The boyfriend was the same. Although he saw him die right it front of his eyes, he felt no remorse for his former friend.

Tibs. Our beautiful pet Tibs. He never knew the reason why his owner never came back for him. He sits there, outside the door, waiting and waiting, hoping his owner might just come back. His eyes slowly close as he falls into an eternal sleep.

+

Yeah. This was suppose to be a romantic one shot but obviously that didn't happen.

I hope you all enjoyed this one shot!

This has nothing to do with the plot line. So don't get confused.

Also I wrote this in a couple hours so don't mind any mistakes. 😅

Poor Tibs. 😢