Kim Jonghyun

Kim Jonghyun was a beautiful, amazing and phenomenal singer. He was loved by many around the world. Unfortunately, on December 18, 2017, he has taken his own life away.  

He texted his sister his suicide note right before he took his life

"It's been really hard for me until now. Please let me go, and tell me I've worked hard, last good bye."

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/shinee-jonghyuns-sister-confirms-committed-suicide/

When the police arrived, he was already found unconscious and was taken immediately to the hospital were he passed away.  

The cause of his suicide was coal briquettes which is a type of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

A close friend of his talked to him prior to this. 

"He didn't have any issues in his personal life. His relationship with his mom and sister were great. All Jonghyun had was music but he blamed himself often, saying he lacks talent."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/12/dispatch-reveals-the-last-conversation-shinees-jonghyun-had-with-his-close-friend

The fact that someone as talented as him would say such a thing breaks my heart. 

This news absolutely breaks my heart.

Let's show our deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans and to his members. They are feeling more pain than we do right now. We shouldn't keep asking them questions since they are probably as overwhelmed as we are.

Mental health is not something to joke around with. It is a very serious and one wrong move can take away someone's life. Don't put pressure on idols, groups or even friends because something like this may happen.

If you are currently dealing with something that's causing you to suffer, talk to someone. Anyone. A close friend, family, an online friend or even a teacher. Talking to someone can help you get passed these dark days. You can always come rant to me whether it's about school or anything. 

Don't keep it to yourself. Don't suffer by yourself. Someone out there is willing to help you. You aren't alone.

Remember Jonghyun, not how he died, but the person he was.

Someone who made meaningful songs, a dog lover, someone who fought for lgbt rights and a caring man.

Rest in peace to a legendary artist, a fellow brother and a member of SHINEE. We will always love you. 💞

Write an encouraging comment here to cheer someone who might be feeling sad/lonely!

Put this as your profile picture or a white background. It's a project that shawol is doing.

Websites and phone numbers 

https://kidshelpphone.ca/search?keys=self-injury%20and%20Suicide&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImoPUkO2U2AIVxGF-Ch0MUQBdEAAYASAAEgL6uPD_BwE 

https://teenlineonline.org/youth-yellow-pages/24-hour-crisis-numbers/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ND4yu2U2AIVCMNkCh0McgdHEAAYASAAEgLjc_D_BwE