Asthma

The next day, the boys were back at rehearsals with Lexi, making sure the routine ran smoothly. By this point, they had worked out her part with Rye, Brooklyn and Mikey; and they were now moving onto the part with Andy.
Since her telling them her story the day before, she could see the emotion was running more freely from them. She knew now, that Rye could channel what he felt about his dad, and the others could show what they felt about Rye. There was a story there, and it was now fueling all their dancing.
The part she had to do with Andy, was quite hard for someone who hadn't danced before, and wasn't used to lifting. In a similar way to her part with Rye. She was off the floor for a prolonged period of time, with all of her weight on him. When they started working through it the first time, Lexi could feel Andy shaking slightly beneath her. So she called for a small break.
"You don't have to be scared of dropping me." She said, looking Andy directly in the eye, but opening the conversation to all of the boys. "I've been dropped numerous times, and you know I've been through worse. Just follow what Ginge says, and don't worry. It doesn't matter that much if you drop me." All of the boys nodded, but she could see some of their reluctance to agree.
The next 15 minutes were spent trying to master the lifts with Andy. Each time felt safer, and it was greatly improving. Then they had to put the first part of that section on. It was a couple of simpler steps, forwards to meet each other; but when they tried to fit the with the music, suddenly Andy just stopped. He slowly fell to the floor, one hand clutching at his chest as he tried desperately to breath.
Having not had asthma, the others didn't know exactly what to do, but while Lexi went and knelt beside him, to give him someone to lean on and tried to help him regulate his breathing, the others franticly scoured the room for his inhaler.
As Andy's eyes started to close, his chest so tight he could only take short ragged breaths, Lexi's whispering increased in worry, as she begged him to stay with them. Meanwhile, the other boys searching reached a whole new frantic level, as Rye realised if they didn't find it soon, he could well lose his friend forever.
Finally, as Ginge was coming back in after going out to get something to eat, Rye found Andy's inhaler and ran over to Andy and Lexi. He gently helped Andy to take it, as his breathing slowly lost its ragged edge, and returned to a calmer, more normal state. Then he fell forward into Rye's arms, who caught him up in a thankful hug.
"I thought you were gone then." He whispered, close to tears over the thought of nearly losing his lifelong friend to something as stupid as that.
"It'll take more than that to get rid of me." Andy replied, as all the other boys gathered round to join the hug.

Supermarket Flowers// Road Trip FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara