Distraction

Warning: Contains suggestions of self harm and violence.
The next day, was Lexi's last rehearsal with the boys, before they filmed the video. They still had to sort out Jack's part, as after Andy's asthma attack the day before, they hadn't had time. But otherwise, the only thing they had to do was tighten up all the transitions.
For once, in the very short time Lexi had known them, and the very long time she had been a roadie, the boys were early to rehearsals. Perhaps they were eager to make up for the time that had been lost the day before, or perhaps they were just concisous they were running out of time.
But either way, they managed to get started on Jack's part several minutes early, and Lexi was glad. The lifts in their section were not particularly difficult, but she had to put a lot of her weight and trust in Jack, and with so little time it made her nervous.
They must've been about 15 minutes into rehearsals, when Lexi noticed that Jack seemed very distracted. The emotion she'd seen from him yesterday, and the focus wasn't there, and she guessed something was wrong. So she called for a break, and took Jack outside to talk to him.
"I can see something's up Jack, do you want to talk about it?" Lexi said, once they were out in the corridor, away from the boys earshot. What happened next, she had not been expecting at all. Jack suddenly slumped to the floor, and started crying. Knowing better than to press the matter further, Lexi simply knelt beside him, and wrapped her arms around him. They seat there for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only about 15 minutes.
Then Jack started speaking, without any force from Lexi, which she was glad about.
"About a month ago, when I went home to my family in Ireland, I met this man. He recognised me I think, but I didn't know him. He grabbed hold of me, and dragged me from the street to a dark alleyway. I was so scared, he's not the sort of guy you want to meet in a dark alleyway.
He started punching me, and when I begged him to stop, he simply laughed and punched me more. Then he threatened my family, my Mum, my dad and my sister, he said if I didn't do what he asked then he'd kill them.
Ever since I came back here, he's been sending me messages, he makes me do things and send him pictures as evidence, otherwise he says he'll hurt my sister. Yesterday, he said I had to carve the word murderer into my arm, with a knife. But I couldn't do it, what if he hurts my sister, I could never forgive myself." Then Jack started sobbing again.
"Jack, I promise you that man won't lay a finger on any of your family, I'll personally phone to give them a warning. But you have to promise me you won't do what this man says okay. You're better than this, and with the boys I know you can get through this. Just don't be afraid, because I promise everything will be okay." Lexi said, and then slowly helped Jack to his feet, taking him back into the practise room, for she knew this was something that she had to tell the boys.