Chapter 11

As the Angels turned to escort us out of the house, Nikolai sprang up to his feet and charged at Joshua, tackling him to the ground. This pulled me to the ground harshly, seeing how I was holding onto Joshua as the three of us crashed to the ground.

"No no no!" Nikolai shouted. My eyes widened at the sight of him. He shouldn't be able to move after that final attack. He pinned me down, holding his blade that materialized out of thin air to my neck. "I should just kill you now!" Before he could press the blade down he was blown back by a beam that exploded, only effecting Nikolai in the process. Joshua stood up and snapped his fingers, causing a beam to strike him with a hissing sound, smirking to himself. The other Angels only then looked at Joshua and apprehended him. Joshua didn't struggle, but allowed the handcuffs to be placed on him as they escorted him out of the room. Two Angels securely at his side.

"Hey! Cut it out! Joshua didn't do anything!" I protested. An Angel grabbed my arm and started to drag me out of the house, Solaris following.

They ignored everything I tried to say to them as they led us towards the Room of Judgement, where the Archangels were all present on high chairs. They brought Joshua up to the stand first

"Yoshiya Kiryu, current Composer of Shibuya. By what means are you allowed here? It should've been quite clear that you aren't allowed to freely roam this plane. Punishment for this and all of you other crimes is death. We told you before after your little stunt with Shibuya that we wouldn't be accepting anymore excuses." The Archangels looked down at Joshua, before their eyes landed on me and Solaris.

"Sir, we saw the Composer kill Nikolai when we walked in the room and found these two in there with him. They were most likely accomplices in the crime," one Angel said. One Archangel looked at Joshua with a narrowed glance and I grew more worried with every second that passed.

"Explain your behavior as to why you came here unnoticed and what your agenda was."

......

Joshua talked for what seemed like hours and the Archangels let this incident slide, and made it quite clear that one more slip up and he would be stripped of his title and power. They were still upset over the mess that happened in Shibuya because of him before. After calling me and Solaris up to the side, they sent everyone, except for me away, apologizing for their previous actions of putting me under Nikolai. After that, I was reassigned a job after telling them about what I wanted to do. They argued with me until Solaris came in and managed to talk the Archangels into letting me work under Mr. Hanekoma (although they were reluctant due to him being a 'Fallen'). She was able to secure me a place with him and allow me access back into the UG and RG, like what I had before. I exited the room and met with Joshua and Solaris, who were waiting outside. Joshua had his arms crossed and Solaris seemed annoyed trying to speak to him.

"Ah, (Y/n), there you are. I hope you're happy with your job. Figured I should apologize for putting you into that situation in the first place. So, I'm sorry, but I should leave you two to reunite." I nodded and said bye to Solaris as she walked away. My heart beat as I realized it was just Joshua and me, alone. He was looking paler than usual.

"Joshua? Are you feeling OK?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. He smirked and looked at me, how he usually did, before his smirk faltered, disappeared completely. He seemed to be struggling to stand upright.

"Never better. I do hope you're ready to leave this awful place though." I nodded.

"Take my hand and I'll take us back to the RG," I said, grabbing his hands in my own. I focused and changing both of our frequencies to match the RG and descended in the planes, letting the Higher Vibe of the Higher Plane disappear for good as I recognized the familiar streets of Shibuya. I was anxious to be seeing Mr. Hanekoma who I hadn't seen in such a long time (even though about a week doesn't seem long). It was like seeing an old friend who you hadn't seen for years, and couldn't contact them. It was as if all of the oxygen was being sucked out of me as we were forced through the planes. Our wings disappeared as we arrived at a familiar sight, inside of WildKat. I took a step forwards, my legs growing weaker with each passing second. I noticed Joshua hadn't moved and I turned back.