Chapter 32

I buttoned up the final button of my blouse and smoothed out the skirt I was wearing in the floor length mirror, satisfied with my look that provided others with a professional aura. One week had passed since the battle with Nikolai, and more conversations about that time were brought up from Neku and his friends, mainly about Mr. Hanekoma and I, and about the Higher Plane. Shiki wanted information on Nikolai's trial, to which I told her I would tell her what I could. Word still hasn't come in about whether to let Neku and his friends continue to know about Mr. Hanekoma being a Producer or not, and I could only assume that today, at Nikolai's trial, I would know.

Taboo Noise hasn't been spotted since Nikolai had been taken by the Higher Plane and the Reapers that had followed him in the first place vanished and haven't been seen.

Distracted by the thoughts swirling in my head, I failed to notice the ash-blond boy who walked up behind me as he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind as I glanced in the mirror and looked into his violet eyes.

"Is today really the day? Took them long enough to set the times, huh?" Joshua said as I felt him lean forward and plant a kiss on my cheek. Even that small action caused my face to turn a light shade of rose pink as I smiled and leaned into his embrace as I held up a hand to hold his arm.

"It's only been a week Joshua. That's not a long time," I said as I turned around and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hmm, I guess you're right. I mean, I was with you after all," Joshua hummed as he placed a forehead on mine gently, as if afraid I was going to break. "I thought we had a rather enjoyable week together, since we're officially dating. You have no idea how long I waited for this."

"Then why did you wait? I would've dated you awhile ago, had you asked."

"I could ask the same of you dear." I shrugged and cupped his cheeks with my hands as I leaned in and kissed his lips softly before pulling away, as he held my hands in his. "Besides we're going to have to go there together. Me, you, and then Mr. H of course. Hopefully the trial doesn't take up too much of my time. I can think of better ways to spend my free time right now."

"I'm afraid to know what you're thinking to be honest. And if it happens to involve me, that just makes me... What's the word? Fearful and anxious?"

"I think you mean excited and looking forward to it. I would be," Joshua teased, although there was most likely a hidden truth to those words that I didn't want to find out about. I brushed my fingers over his shoulder where it was wrapped in bandages, though it was concealed behind the cloth of his shirt. "I don't need these bandages anymore. Mr. H just insisted that I keep them on for one more day, since the injury was from darkness, which takes a slight bit longer to heal." Joshua turned and walked away as he sat down on the edge of my bed. he unbuttoned his usual light gray button up as he slid his sleeve over his shoulder, revealing the bandages underneath. As Joshua made an attempt to pull them loose, I giggled, seeing him getting nowhere. Leaning over to the vanity, I grabbed a pair of medical scissors from when I had changed the ones on my leg and walked over to Joshua as I leaned over and gingerly cut the bandages as I unwrapped them from his body, showing the scar on his shoulder. I trailed my finger over it as Joshua's body tensed up slightly from the contact on the skin.

"You were like a mummy, all wrapped up like that," I commented as I picked up the cut bandages and turned to leave as I threw away the trash and replaced the scissors on the vanity.

"Your leg doesn't seem to be any different. I see you're still wearing that necklace." Joshua said as he held his hand up to the necklace around my neck as he ran his fingers over the smooth surface of it.