Chapter 25

"Then you haven't heard anything else either?"

Solaris twirled around a piece of her long hair in her hand, absentmindedly humming to a song that had been stuck in her head for the day. She would soon have a different song in her head tomorrow though, from her random playlist of songs that she would play in the background at her house. However, we were at a popular cafe that she had invited me to, for a cup of coffee in the Higher Plane, and the music playing from an overhead speaker was definitely different compared to the music Solaris listened to. The soothing tune of the instrumentals playing was enough to change anyone's demeanor to a calm, and more serene one, while Solaris' music gave most people either a headache or an upbeat and energetic feeling.

"Sorry, but I can't say I have. The only information I can tell you is that all of the Producers near Shibuya have reported the same thing about that sigil. The Archangels have yet to say anything about it. Seems the Producers are getting a little antsy too, and are sending in more reports like crazy," Solaris said. "Although, now that I think about it, Flynn did tell me something interesting the other day. He said that the library was going to be shut down soon because the Archangels want some books taken off of the shelf. You mentioned you wanted to go there, right? Well, now's the time to go. I would go with you, but I have to get back to my job. I'm on lunch break right now, remember?" I nodded and hummed in response as she stood up, putting some money on the table to pay for our drinks. Bidding me goodbye, she left the cafe with her drink. Her wings were folded behind her as she avoided accidentally hitting someone with them. I stood up as well, grabbing my leftover coffee that was beginning to grow cold.

As I left the cafe which was flooding with more people, I threw away my empty cup, and made my way over to the library. If what Flynn said was true, then I needed books about sigils quickly. But what could be so important that the Archangels would close the entire library down for? Was there some kind of book that held information so important that it couldn't be revealed to the other Angels? Whatever the reason, I needed to visit the library.

I came upon the familiar library and opened the door, shutting it behind me as quietly as possible. There weren't many Angels in here, other than the librarian and two Angels mumbling quietly to each other on a couch. Looking up, I searched for a sign about sigils or something like that topic. One of the boards hanging from the ceiling above, however, caught my attention.

"Composers...?" I whispered quietly to myself. "Why is this information here? I thought these documents were kept with the Archangels, or was I mistaken?"

I walked up to the section and saw that the books were alphabetized, by the name of the city of each Composer ever recorded in the Higher Plane. Out of curiosity, my attention was brought to the 'S' section, and I found Shibuya. Pulling the book off of the shelf, I noticed another book behind where it used to be. It was hidden away behind the rest of the Composer books. A tattered and old leather book peaked out from among the rest. I took that one too, and saw the writing on the cover was in the Celestial Alphabet, otherwise more commonly known as Angelic Script. Not many Angels knew how to read this script, but I remembered my Mother had taught me how to read it, as she wrote books in this form. In fact, she was the only person who wrote books in Angelic Script.

(M/n) (L/n).

That was the author of the book, and my eyes widened, realization dawning on me. This book was out of place compared to the clean, and tidy books. Plus, it was kept hidden behind some other books, and by mere luck I managed to catch it out of the corner of my eye.

Nikolai said my Mother was some kind of powerful being, and if this book was out of place, could the Archangels be trying to find it? It seems as if it was neatly and cleverly placed behind the Shibuya book, in hopes the right person would come around and find it. But what would be the point in hiding a book like this?