Chapter 13

"Mr. Hanekoma! I invited Neku over! He should be here in a few minutes. I tried sending you a text but you didn't respond," I said, leaning against the counter in WildKat. I wasn't sure where the black haired man was, but he ended up coming out of the kitchen.

"I recieved your text. Why does he want to talk with you guys anyway? It seems he's been wanting to contact Josh all week," Mr. Hanekoma said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the counter. I shrugged, only aware of a small part as to why he wanted to talk. I doubted Shiki or any of his friends could provide him with answers, so he came to him and Mr. Hanekoma seeking answers.

"Something about Taboo Noise attacking Reapers and he's been seeing it all. Apparently Neku tried to come here earlier but you weren't in here," I responded. "Can I have a House Blend please?"

"Taboo Noise huh? I thought some of the Reapers were talking about that. Apparently its been giving them a hard time in the UG. Reapers are getting erased left and right, and none of them can find the sigil." Mr. Hanekoma placed a mug full of the drink onto the table and I thanked him, placing 680 Yen on the counter. Mr. Hanekoma, however, pushed the money back towards me. "Keep it. You don't have to pay. You live here anyway, and you've never paid for anything here before."

"You'll just be stubborn about it won't you. Besides I want to live my life how I want. I've got to enjoy every moment right?" I said, placing the money back into the bag that still contained my clothes. Mr. Hanekoma chuckled and ruffled my hair, not denying that fact. I lifted the mug up to my lips and took a sip of the hot liquid. "You must be real close with Josh huh?" Mr. Hanekoma said. I nodded.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I was slightly confused as to why he was saying this, because he should better than anyone my relationship with Joshua. After all, he was always around whenever Joshua had come over to visit which wasn't that often. Not as often as he does now anyway.

"And you know that you can always say no right? I know how much you detest going to Lapin Angelique."

"I know, I know but I can't. I just can't bring myself to say no to him. You just wouldn't understand," I said.

"Oh, I understand plenty~" Joshua walked into the room (as he was previously using the restroom), and sat down at a table near us. "(Y/n) just can't get enough of me~"

"I can't get away from you is more accurate," I muttered, taking another sip of the coffee. I heard Joshua scoff and I turned towards him to see him beckoning me towards him. I let out an exaggerated sigh and walked over to him, carrying my House Blend. I sat it down on the table and was about to ask a question when he grabbed my arm and yanked me down towards him. I yelped as I crashed down onto him, gripping the back of the chair he was on. He turned me so that I was sitting on his lap and flustered, I tried to sit up, only for Joshua to wrap his arms around my waist.

"I won't let you leave me again," Joshua complained.

"You're so clingy! Let go of me!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"You guys aren't going to get anywhere doing that." Mr. Hanekoma cut off our conversation and we both looked at him. I was ready to elbow Joshua and his face was buried into my back to keep from getting hit in the face. The bell on the door to the cafe chimed, causing all of us to turn our attention towards the door, where Neku walked in, hands on both sides of his headphones. He looked at us and smirked.