Chapter 33

"Do you acknowledge that what the witness' have stated in their testimonies is correct?"

Nikolai continued to stare down at his hands, his thoughts concealed before he glanced up at the Archangels through his bangs, smirking as his blood red eyes began to glow. The Archangels loomed over him, as if daring him to say 'yes'.

"If I never did any of those things, then we wouldn't be here right now, would we? If I had gotten my way the first time with (M/n) (L/n) the entire Higher Plane would've been destroyed right now, and the UG and RG would've fallen with it," Nikolai hummed, and with the jerk of his body he caused the chains around his body to rustle, to which the Angels nearest to him were on immediate alert.

"Then as the Archangels, we hereby declare that you are now a Fallen Angel and will be stripped of both your wings and your power, and you will receive where you will go once the final judgement has been decided upon. Guards." The Angels surrounding Nikolai grabbed his arms and cut the chains connecting him to the stand as murmurs began to spread throughout the Room of Judgement.

"Just you wait (Y/n)," Nikolai hissed, his voice laced with venom. "When I escape I'll make sure to kill you painfully and slowly and have Shibuya's Composer and Producer watch." The Angels quickly drug him out of the room despite the protests and curses that he threw. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding as I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked to see Mr. Hanekoma as he offered me a smile before he walked over to the stand and addressed the Archangels.

"Ah yes, this is about the matter we previously discussed, is it not?" the Archangels asked. Mr. Hanekoma nodded, and the Archangels spoke up once more. "These are the same four teenagers that were at least somewhat present for the three weeks that Neku Sakuraba played the Reapers' Game, and then two Reapers. Of course, he is within this group of teenagers. Neku Sakuraba is also the new Conductor for Shibuya. Only he and the Reapers may be allowed this knowledge of the Higher Plane and Producers. The others must have their memories wiped."

Mr. Hanekoma nodded and was about to leave when Joshua walked up to the stand and interrupted the Archangels who were about to leave.

"Wouldn't it be better for all of them to know? I mean, it is only four teenagers. How much trouble could four people knowing about this place be? It's possible for Neku to blab it to them anyway and they'll get weird thoughts when they notice how strange Neku is acting towards Mr. Hanekoma. And the two Reapers are some of my most trusted anyway." Joshua kept at this, trying his best to convince the Archangels to not erase their memories. I shared a look with Mr. Hanekoma, although butterflies swirled in my stomach at Joshua who seemed to care for them.

The three of us stayed in the Room of Judgement for longer than what should've been necessary but after awhile, the Archangels gave in, and Joshua walked out with a smug look on his face.

"You are the only person I know who would argue with the Archangels about that," I commented and glanced over towards Joshua who flicked a piece of his hair out of his face and smirked.

"I'm just different from those you must know, I guess."

"A special kind of different," I said, causing Joshua to huff, as I giggled softly.

"Are you love birds ready to head back to Shibuya?" Mr. Hanekoma asked. I blushed from that as I covered my face partially as if I was blocking the sun out as Joshua purposefully leaned over to me and planted a kiss on my cheek, ever so softly.

"Of course we are," Joshua answered as Mr. Hanekoma nodded his head before placing a hand on both of our shoulders, forcing all three of us into the RG back in Shibuya, as we appeared in WildKat. Biting my lip, I looked at my feet before I reached forward and embraced both Mr. Hanekoma and Joshua in a hug, who seemed startled at my sudden actions. Joshua stiffened as Mr. Hanekoma ruffled my hair.