Chapter 27

The six of us ran through Shibuya in the UG, thanks to Joshua. Mr. Hanekoma chose to stay back and read more in the books and adrenaline coursed through my veins as I thought about the two Reapers who were attacking an opponent who was going to be stronger than them. My worry grew with each passing second as Rhyme and Neku led the way to where Nikolai was last spotted by them. An explosion broke me out of my thoughts and I looked around, only noticing the people walking around, oblivious to the UG.

"Whoa," Shiki breathed out, panting slightly from all the running. "Did you guys hear that?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Most likely just Nikolai doing his thing," Joshua sighed.

"It's around here somewhere," Rhyme said as she turned a corner into the Station Underpass, just past the Moyai statue at the West Exit Bus Terminal.

"Lollipop said that he and Pinky were gonna take the fight 'round here," Beat added.

"I didn't know you liked to be so close to the Shibuya River, Neku. You really missed me huh?" Joshua said.

"Joshua," Neku warned, "now is not the time for your remarks. Although, I think that's them in the distance." I looked ahead and saw three people, all of them with wings. But only one had feathery wings. There was a blinding light up ahead as a female shouted out in pain. As we approached them, the first thing I noticed was the injuries Kariya and Yashiro had. Both were in an awful shape and looked as if they had reached their limit.

"Yo! We're back!" Beat shouted, gaining all of their attentions. The two Reapers took one look at Joshua as their eyes widened. A bead of sweat dripped off of Kariya's forehead as I had gasped at the damage Nikolai had done to them.

"You!" Yashiro shouted as she held up her arm, pointing directly at Joshua. She knelt down as she groaned slightly, holding her side as her face twisted into a grimace. "What are you doing here?! Y-You should've been Erased!"

"Well, I can't exactly Erase myself now can I? My Game, my rules, and I say, that I can play," Joshua said with a slight chuckle at the end.

"Finally a worthy opponent. Took you long enough, Composer. You and I have a score to settle," Nikolai hissed raising his hand, ready to summon another attack.

"Wait!" Yashiro shrieked looking back at Joshua. "You're the Composer?!" Kariya looked equally as surprised but regained his composure.

"The one and only. I would fall back for now. We've got it from here. You too Kariya. Both of you aren't in the best shape. On Cat Street there's a cafe at the end called WildKat. Go there and the owner will help you both." Joshua took his phone out of his pocket and pressed a button on it, causing a beam of light to rain down and strike near Nikolai, who jumped out of the way.

"Got it. Thanks. Be careful. He's a tough one," Kariya said, hiding his shock better than Yashiro who looked as if she was going to explode. He grabbed her arm as she pulled at her hair, scoffing as she was pulled out of the underground area.

"Well, they took that well," Neku muttered and felt the pins along his jacket. Nikolai laughed out loud, the sound echoing throughout the Shibuya River and out towards the Station Underpass and towards where Joshua usually resided. Nikolai was in worse shape than when Joshua last fought him, and his once slicked back hair was wild and his clothes were torn and dirty as sigils I saw in my mother's books were surrounding his body.

"Grim Heaper feelings right now," Beat said.

"I would prefer it if you all stayed out of this. He can wipe you all out with the snap of his fingers," Joshua said as he looked back towards Neku, Shiki, Beat, and Rhyme.