Chapter 15

There shouldn't be Taboo Noise and neither Shiki, nor Eri should be in the UG in the first place. I was an exception. The Taboo Noise symbols flew at me and Shiki at an abnormal speed and set us both into the Noise Plane. I didn't know how to fight them without a partner and Shiki was unable to form a pact, seeing how she wasn't dead (or at least close to death). I raised my arm, ready to strike whether I could damage them when it zigzagged across my vision. The black and white kangaroo Noise Spun around whipping its tail to fight. I jumped backwards, narrowly missing it as the red eyes followed my every movement. There was another Taboo Noise behind me which I failed to notice when it struck me in the back. I heard Shiki yell out from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint her location. I did, however, focus on her imagination level as I stared at the Taboo Noise, trying to form some kind of connection with her.

Raising my hands, I allowed them to become enveloped in light as it shot out of my hands like bullets at the Taboo Noise. They cried out in response, and I was more confused than before. I didn't have any kind of pact... Unless that meant that Shiki was fighting them with me. But that shouldn't be possible. I couldn't have formed a pact and unless the connection I was using to reach her counted, I was at a loss.

"Shiki! How many Taboo are there?" I shouted, hoping she could hear from the Noise Plane she was on.

"Uh, there's six in all. A kangaroo, three frogs, a crow thing, and a fox." I looked around, examining the Taboo Noise around me. Sure enough, I had the same Taboo Noise that she did. The fox was floating above the ground and transformed into a kangaroo as it jumped high into the air. Meanwhile, the frogs all jumped from all angles at me, which I ducked and rolled away from to avoid getting hit. The crow swooped down towards me as I tried to stand up from my crouched position on the ground. Swiping my hand to the left, I allowed the light to pour out from all angles, knocking the crow out of the air. It screeched as it prepared another attack. The kangaroo that had previously jumped had swooped down, sending a shock wave across the ground around it. The ground beneath rippled as it cracked from the pressure. I cried out as it sent me backwards. With my tuned down frequency, I had no chance against them. Focusing on my frequency, I upped it and felt the change in my back as it compressed and clenched the muscles as my wings appeared, unfurling themselves in a grand fashion.

They flapped as I flew into the air, channeling the light around to bend around forming a massive ball of pure light. I raised my arms and flicked my hand as it zoomed towards the ground, exploding into a massive amount of burning light that damaged the Taboo Noise greatly. All of them but the kangaroos were stunned from it. It felt good to have all of my power back. The collar that was originally around my neck constricted my power, keeping me from using it, which was a strain on my body from the frequency of the Higher Plane, compared to the frequency my power was giving off then.

I flew back down to the ground, slowing down as I neared the ground, landing gracefully on it. One of the frogs disappeared from my view as it diminished into thin air. I raised my hands up to block my face as a barrier of light appeared between me and the kangaroo that jumped, ready to jump-kick me. The kangaroo hit the barrier and was sent back but the other one smashed down next to me, sliding me a couple of feet forward. As I slid forward, I failed to notice the crow that had swooped down and aimed for my wings. I screamed as it tore into one of them as the bone cracked. I spun around jumping slightly. The crow didn't budge and continued to claw at my wing which was already ripped and probably torn to shreds. I raised my hand over my shoulder, palm outstretched towards the crow as a beam of light (similar to Joshua's) was sent from my fingertips and hit the crow in a direct hit, sending it flying off of me. I reached behind me as I felt the wing, wincing at the immense pain it caused to brush my fingers over the once white feathers. I blinked away tears from the pain as my face was twisted into a grimace.