Chapter 14

"Have you seen Joshua around?" I walked into the front area of WildKat, running a hand through my wet hair as I did so.

"Left for UG business. I thought you knew that. After all, you were with him yesterday when you guys talked with 'Phones," Mr. Hanekoma explained absentmindedly stirring his coffee with a spoon. I hummed, remembering our conversation yesterday with Joshua, who had never acted that way before. Joshua was usually a guarded person, who preferred to keep most, if not all of his thoughts to himself. I stretched and felt a small buzz in my pocket. Curious, I pulled out my phone and found a text from Solaris, asking if I was coming to the Composer event in the Higher Plane, that was being taken place in a total of seven days. In the Higher Plane, the Angels hosted an event that all Composers in the UG/RG were able to attend, which let Angels keep tabs on them. This was an effective way to record information on them if something had happened, or previous data of a Composer was outdated.

Overall, Joshua had never attended them regularly and probably wanted nothing more to do with the Higher Plane, after all of the visits he's made there previously, which almost ended in him being stripped of his powers and title; Twice. I sent a short reply back, explaining how I wasn't sure. Stuffing my phone away in my pocket, I opened the front door and turned back to Mr. Hanekoma. "I'll see you later. I'm going out for some fresh air." He nodded and waved to me as I turned on my heel, exiting the cafe. It's a wonder how it stays open when there aren't that many customers around to keep the place up and running.

The streets of Shibuya were crowded as usual, noisy, but overall I could bear the noise of everyone to an extent. The wind made my (h/c) sway back and forth lightly as I continued to walk, one step after the other, not caring where I ended up. I ended up making my way over to 104, when realized I was in the store, Go-go. It was a D+B brand, I believe. There were various articles of clothing on hangers set up around the store, as well as stands that had accessories and shoes on them. I looked at the clothing and saw a vest-blouse combo that reminded me of the vest and shirt that Mr. Hanekoma would wear. The only difference being that this one was made for women and neatly hugged their curves. I picked it off the hanger and found a pair of black skinny jeans nearby and checked for my size. Once I found it, I took it off of the shelf it was on and was going to go up to the counter when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around with a small smile decorating my features.

"Yes? Oh, hello. Shiki, correct?" I said. The brown haired girl nodded and I saw a girl with medium length pink hair walk up to her.

"Do you know her Shiki?"

"Um, yeah, we met the other day. (Y/n), this is my best friend, Eri. Eri, this is (Y/n). Do you know where Neku went He disappeared earlier today with Joshua," Shiki said. I bit my lip and looked over to Eri who looked curious as well.

"Um, I think Joshua wanted to talk with Neku about some questions that Neku's had about some past events. He probably pulled him away to... discuss them," I said, hoping Shiki would take the hint that this was not the conversation to be having in front of Eri, whom I was sure had never played the Reaper's Game before. "How about we go and get lunch together? I'll pay for these clothes and then we can go if you'd like." The two girls nodded and followed me up to the register where I grabbed a pack of gum and threw that with the other stuff I was paying for. After paying for the items, I grabbed my bag and let it dangle at my side as I walked out with Shiki and Eri. "So, Shiki, I don't mean for this to sound rude or anything, but I always run into you or one of your friends. It's like you're following me."

"Oh! We're not following you! Don't worry! Eri and I just happen to come to 104 to shop all the time and we happened to see you. I pointed you out, seeing how you were alone." Shiki held up some bags that held items they had bought form the various 104 shops to prove her point. I let them lead the way to the Shibukyu Main Store, where we entered Sunshine Shibukyu, a burger place. We entered the place and we waited in a line which wasn't as long as it had been before, thankfully. Once we got to the front, Eri ordered a salad and a water, while Shiki and I both ordered minestrone and a water as well as a(n) (f/d). The price was 1890 Yen, which I paid for, despite Shiki and Eri's protests.