Chap. 2: Are we done yet?

"Look Em, Redwoods Inc is hiring. It says here there are four internships still available, a receptionist job, maintenance, tech, security, personal assistants. Holy cow this man is hiring for everything in his company!" Claire exclaimed looking up from her computer to look at her roommate Emily.

The two girls had graduated college a few months prior and at the time they each had a job. Claire, at a magazine as an entertainment writer and Emily as an account manager for a small coffee chain. Unfortunately due to lack financial stability the coffee chain had shut down most of its locations and was looking to sell out while cutting its employee count by more than half. Now Emily was jobless and getting desperate for work.

"Claire, I already applied. I even left the seeking position open, at this point I don't care if I have to clean toilets, I just need a job." A frustrated Emily replied as she set her laptop down on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen.  She needed a job, her savings account was running low on funds and she didn't what to be that friend that never paid rent on time. She also didn't want to bother her parents they were already stressed enough with Ethan that she didn't need to add to their worries. As she made her way to the kitchen she caught a glimpse of her reflection on the mirror over the dining table and cringed. Her hair looked like a bird lived in there, she would need a lot of  conditioner before she looked interview ready.

~~~~~~

"Daliah, how many applicants do we have left? I feel like I have read over a thousand files already." Blake complained as he ran his hands thru his once perfectly combed hair leaving half of to stand on its own.

After he found EJ was graduating he did the only rational thing he could think of. Posted an ad for practically every position available and now here he was a month later still sorting thru applicants and piles upon piles of papers.

"I told you not to put up all the openings at once. But do you listen? No. So stop whining and keep reading we've only gotten thru twenty something of them today." Daliah scolded and handed him another  stack of papers.

They had been going thru the applications one at a time, Blake reading the resumes while Daliah took notes and placed them in a possible category. It wasn't bad, but Blake was getting impatient, it also didn't help that he had made the applications mail in only, the mail room was crowded with form and they had no other way of sorting thru them.

"How about we give these to HR and let them do their job?" He questioned, hoping Daliah would take the bait, since there was a whole floor dedicated to hiring and keeping up with worker demands.

"We could, but if they don't hire the person you are looking for you are going to throw a tantrum just like my four year old and I think you are too old for timeout." Daliah countered as she browsed a resume he handed her.
"And you might enjoy a spanking too much." She added, moving on to the next page.

They worked in silence for the rest of the day the only talking coming from Blake whenever he found someone who had the initials E and J.

"Emily Jones, completed a double major in Business Administration and Accounting, minor in linguistics graduated fifth in her class. Blake this girl is perfect!" Daliah exclaimed waving the paper over her head like it was a victory flag she wanted the girl, Emily sounded smart and like the perfect candidate to groom into a leading position.

"Great, hire her and give these to HR." He handed her a stack of papers that were going in all directions. Daliah gave him a questioning look as she took them knowing he was up to something, and it probably would involve her.

"These people here have their new positions written on their cover letter, and HR can manage the rest of the openings. And you can place the Emily girl wherever you seem fit." Blake replied with a smug look as he placed those he had approved in a manila folder.

"You hired all the EJ's didn't you?" Daliah asked with a glare. She received no reply but the look he gave her said it all. It was the same look her two year old gave her when she knew she was in trouble the  innocent looking smile could rival the little horns on their heads.  Sighing she took the stack of papers and placed them in a box, HR would hate her for this.

~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~•

Don't forget to vote and comment! !
♡♡♡