Epilogue

2 years later

“Okay you guys remember the plan right?” Blake asked his two accomplices as they made their way out of the office building.

“Distract Emily, and talk bad about you?” Enrique offered as they walked down the street. Blake shot him a glare, causing him to raise his hands in surrender as they continued down the sidewalk.

“Distract Emily, and convince her to go to the game with us. Then “bump” into Eian and Elijah  at the game and ditch her.” Evan stated while looking down at his phone, the other half of the crew was already in position, they just needed to execute the plan.

Blake gave him a nod of approval and stopped in front of the deli, figuring Emily might be more inclined to agree if he had her favorite dessert with him.

...

“I can't believe he made me do his files. He has two assistants and an intern to do all this paperwork for him. Why am I even doing it?” Emily complained to no one as she sorted through Blake's mountain of work. Some of the papers were dated  months prior, making her wonder how he had survived for so long.

“Hey, pretty lady!” Evans voice rang out from behind her. She turned to see him smiling and holding a piece of paper in one hand. Emily narrowed her eyes at the offending piece thinking it was more work for her to do.

“Hey, don't give me that look, I'm here to be your knight in casual clothes.” He teased waving the paper in front of her. She got up from Blake's oversized chair and made her way over to him, curious as to what he was so proud of. Taking the paper from him, her eyes widen in amazement.

“You won tickets to the World League?!” She exclaimed, excited that she might actually get to see her favorite baseball team play after all.

“Yup, and I got three tickets. So I'm taking you and Enrique  since everyone else just left me on open when I messaged them. That's just rude you know? Anyways let's go, traffic's horrible already” Evan replied.Emily wasted no time leaving the paperwork behind and was out the door just seconds after him. If Blake wanted paperwork done he could do it himself instead of taking an extended lunch break.

...

“Ahhh! I can't believe where actually here!” Emily squealed as they took their seats. They were right behind first base, which was amazing considering the tickets had sold out and she was not the one paying for them.

“You better believe it” Enrique joked as tried to wave a food vendor over. Emily was too busy watching the team warm up, that she missed the glare and smack he received from Evan.

As the game began Emily noticed that the seats around them were yet to be occupied, and she wondered if those people had simply been stuck in traffic and missed the first inning. Not paying much attention to it, she turned to Evan who was busy on his phone. Actually both him and Enrique had spent the entire time there on their phones, making her slightly annoyed.

“I'm going to go get food” she stated as they opposite team called for a time out. The boys both shot up from their seats and quickly began trying to convince her to stay and wait until halftime, which earned them a glare for confusing the sport, but she agreed to stay put for the time being.

As the seventh-inning was called, Emily let out a sigh of relief, she could finally get up for food without missing anything. However the moment she stood up, she caught sight of Eian and Elijah.

The four boys kept distracting her and after much convincing they left to get her food while she “saved their seats”. Annoyed and hungry she flopped back down reminding herself that this was a once in a lifetime experience, and the boys simply didn't want her to miss anything.