Chapter 16

“No! You are cheating! I demand a rematch!” Blake accused while stomping out of the sitting area.

“How can I cheat? It's rock, paper, scissors. If anything you're just made I keep getting lucky!” Emily yelled after him.

After they inspected the new room they had discovered that the honeymoon package consisted of a bed adorned with rose petals, candles, a bottle of champagne, chocolate strawberries and the crowning jewel, a hot tub with jets that was also filled with rose petals. To a newly wed couple it was a dream come true, but to two newly acquainted coworkers it was an awkward situation.

“Fine you can have the hot tub. But I call dibs on the strawberries.” Blake stated, reentering the room with the tray in one hand. Emily glared, she wanted strawberries too, specially since they were covered in chocolate and nuts. “You know, I don't mind sharing and I did pack swim clothes.” A mischievous smirk spread over her employers face as her made his offer, plate in one hand and champagne in the other.

” A mischievous smirk spread over her employers face as her made his offer, plate in one hand and champagne in the other

"Emily. Emily. Emilia. Emma
"Emily. Emily. Emilia. Emma. Emmy. Emem. Eeemmmileee. Fine be late to work."

Emily shot up at the sound of the last sentence. Work. Work to see the man she had cuddled up against for a whole week. She wasn't going to admit but most of the time she was awake and knew exactly what she was doing, especially that first  night the thermostat was broken.

"Your face is red, you still  haven't
told me what happened on that trip. Please tell me something happened on that trip" Claire begged as she held up a pillow shield.

Emily thought back to the last night of China. The upgrade had been an amazing pleasant surprise, the roses, hot tub, champagne and those strawberries. The way Blake had bribed her, using them to his advantage, then the way he had fed them to her while they sat in the hot tub. The night had definitely been memorable and there were some things best not shared even with the best friend. With those thoughts in minds Emily began her morning routine, leaving her best friend curious and itching for answers.

"You look tired Daliah, do you want me to finish this up so you can go home and rest?" Emily asked her boss, who simply nodded and rested her head on her hands.

"I had 3 kids with the flu all week. I was bound to get it at one point or another. There's not much left just take those to Blake, and that one goes to HR." She instructed pointing to the folder and binder on corner of her desk before setting her head back down for a nap.

Emily got to work freeing up Daliah's  schedule for the rest of the week before delivering the files. The plan was to go home and catch up on sleep as soon as the file was deliver to HR.
Loud voices and laughter filled the conference room where the men were supposed to be working. Walking down the hallway they only seemed to get louder.

"Wait, so you actually tried it?"

"Hey it's not bad."

"You've been to China before?"

"Yeah, in case you haven't noticed I'm half Chinese."

"Doesn't mean anything. You could have been adopted for all we know."

More laughter filled the room, and Emily's attempt at knocking went unnoticed. When she finally decided to open the door and step inside four pairs of eyes fell on her as he entered. She could feel her cheeks turning pink from the attention and the thoughts of what Blake.

"Emily, my beautiful lady friend, how was your trip." Evan spoke up as he walked across the room to greet her.

"Good. We got to sightsee a bit and try authentic food." She replied with a smile before accepting the hug he was offering, and praying he didn't ask for more "Here's the reports Daliah was working on, she's going to be out with the flu for a few day and wanted me to give these to you." She added giving Blake a shy look.

His reply was a simple nod as he took the papers and began reading them completely ignoring Emily and the other people in the room. Blake didn't like the friendliness between her and Evan, actually he didn't like the friendliness with any other male specially after the last day. Was she just using him like all the other women?

"Aren't you supposed to take something to HR?" The same cold voice she had heard only once before brought her of a conversation with Eian.

"I'm sorry, Mr Redwood. I will be leaving now." Her cheeks turned even redder as she apologized to her boss and made a dash to the door. Three pairs of curious eyes followed her escape, but only one pair saw the hurt.

Blake laid in bed unable to sleep. He had spent all weekend tossing and turning to no avail and had resorted to coffee to function on his first day back at work. He would not admit, but during the week he had stayed with Emily he had grown used to being kicked and cuddled with. He would also never admit that after the first two nights he would lay awake waiting for her to cuddle up against him.

He ran a hand through his wet hair, and leaned against the headboard. He remembered the feeling he had when she hugged Evan, it was similar to the one he had experienced when the guy at the hotel had asked her to go swimming. He hadn't felt jealous in a long time, but seeing her with other men brought back that feeling in him. But he was confused they weren't a couple nor were they dating, they were coworkers and if anything they had become friends. Annoyed he pulled open the drawer next to his bed. A stack of familiar envelopes greeted him and without thinking he pulled out a random letter.

Dear Mr Billionaire Blake Redwood,

That has a cool ring to it, don't you agree? I know you're not a billionaire. YET. I mean you've been working on this company for only a year or so but you already have great numbers so billions will come someday.
Anyways I hear that you might have a special lady in your life that you took to a Christmas party. I must say if she is your girlfriend, she is stunning. I'm getting a little jealous right now since I'm still trying to figure out my prom date situation and you're over here with a blue eyed beauty. If she is your girlfriend? You should definitely take her somewhere nice to eat. I'm going to do another plug for Lilly's by the Sea (but I love that place ). If she isn't your girlfriend then may I suggest french food? Having them try to eat a snail to please you should be entertaining. Good luck and wish me luck this upcoming Prom season lol.
Sweating with nerves here,

EJ

P.S Since your company is still small have you thought about doing a company picnic instead of Christmas party? Summer picnic!! I think it's a great idea but that's just me.

Happy Late New Year!
EJ

Blake set down the letter, a plan already forming in his mind as he looked up Lilly's by the Sea. A few clicks later he had a reservation and travel arrangements made he just hoped his plan worked.

~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•
Soooo I have a news.

This story only has a handful of chapters left.

Kenny gets the sequel. It has no tittle or cover yet. But I plan on posting it soon. If anyone has ideas feel free to share. :)

And what happened that last day in China that's got Emily all flustered?

Life_is_Music1 cookie please :)

Vote comment share and all that fun stuff