Chapter 25

Emily sat on her brother’s bed as he paced the room mumbling incoherently as he went. After bargaining, brining and attempted blackmail she had finally told her brother of her situation, but not before getting him to promise to at least trim his beard.

“So, let me get this straight. We switched projects back in high school, and you developed a crush on the subject of mine?  Then you wrote fan mail to him thinking he would never get to it, only to discover that he not only read it but also kept it.” Ethan recounted, stopping in his tracks all of a sudden and turning to face his sister. A look curiosity was plastered in his face and as he pulled out his phone and began scrolling through something a childish giggle would erupt every now and then.

“Ethan, What's so funny? You know you look creepy when you do that, specially with the whole bum look you have going on.” Emily murmured, her brother continued to ignore her until he seemed satisfied with his findings.

“Look, I think he was thinking you were such a super fan that you followed him on social media.” Ethan explained hopping on the bed next to her and showing her his phone.

The screen displayed a grid of pictures, none of which had Blake, but they all quoted a part of her letters.

“See this one? I thought he had gone crazy by posting a picture of a night light, but the caption make sense now.” Ethan pointed out as he scrolled down a bit more and found an older picture to enlarge.

The image made her want to laugh, it was of a menu at an expensive french restaurant. The table looked spectacular, silver cutlery an expensive champagne bottle, and the main attraction, a plate of escargot.

Who wants to eat a snail?

“And then there's it's one” Ethan continued as her clicked on another picture before hand in Emily the phone. He got up and opened the curtains, a stream of light illuminated his room causing him to hiss in annoyance. His sister ignored him, he could see her scrolling through countless updates, that a certain billionaire what posted in hopes that it would one day reach her.

When you can't get a date, so you take the VP and hope her gf won't kill you.  A picture of him and Daliah at a Christmas dinner almost four years ago.

Don't forget to maintenance your cars!  A picture of rental keys and in the background  his trusty sedan sitting on top of a mechanic's stand.

Who knew honey and lime tasted so good together.  A simple picture of a slice of green lime a spoon and a container of her favorite brand of honey.

The pictures all had something to do with her letters, she wanted to shrug it off as coincidence but then one of the more recent ones caught her attentions. It was a screenshot of the job posting. The caption made Emily want to cry

I am now, go apply ->

“He really is a nice guy. He probably hates me now and thinks I used him!” Emily sobbed. She didn't expect Blake to be looking for her, and couldn't help but feel that she had disappointed him.

He had wanted to find EJ, and had hired a small army of EJs in hopes that he had picked the right one. Was him taking her out on dates part of his plan to check her off the list? And if it was why was she the only EJ not interning for him?

“I don't know Em, the guy looks pretty determined to find you. I mean he's sitting in our driveway right now.”

”