Chapter 4 (edited)

"You what?! How could you do this Claire?" Emily accused her best friend. She had slaved away all night writing the opening of Catastrophic Love for Claire to use in her magazine.

Unfortunately her friend had picked up the wrong notebook in the morning and now the letter she had wrote to vent out her feelings was published in a very public very well known magazine.

"I'm so sorry. You said it was on the coffee table and that notebook was sitting there, with just the one entry. I kinda figured this one was it." Claire defended, in truth the notebook was actually next to the coffee table and she had read the story her friend had written but the letter seemed far more interesting than any cat loving hero. And that, was something she would never tell her best friend.

"This is so embarrassing, I even thanked him for a job I didn't get. I was being sarcastic the whole time. Ugh, this is what I get for following the doctors advise. My life is ruined Claire! it's ruined, hes going to come after me. I'm going to have to change my identity, my new name will now be Amanda Delune, I'm from a small town in Minnesota and currently moved here. Does that sound like a good cover story. Claire are you even listening to me! My life is ruined and all you can do is sit there!"  Emily was in breakdown mode as she ran her hands over her hair and paced the small living room. Just as Claire was about to chastise her for making her motion sick, Emily froze, hands mid hair dropped to her side in defeat.

"I signed it with your initials. You get to stay anonymous and I get a column. Win win." Claire explained from the sofa, there were many EJs out there and the situation was not as bad as Emily was making it out to be. There was no need for her friend to have a panic attack over something that was so insignificant as a letter. Besides in the three days the magazine had been published shares at F.L.E had skyrocketed and magazine subscriptions had almost tripled. EJ was even getting a fan following, with people asking for advice and EJ's opinion on the most random of topics, but the majority curious to hear more vents that the general public was to scared to say themselves.

A loud annoying noise that could only be identified as a ringtone blasted thru the apartment bringing the girls out of their non-argument and making them dash thru the place looking for the device.

"Ha! I found it!"Emily yelled victoriously as she
held the phone up over her. She took a deep breath to try to calm her breathing before answeing the unknown number .

"Hello?" A female voice questioned thru the receiver.

"Uhhh, hi?" This was probably going to be the most awkward phone call in history.

"Oh, I'm so sorry about the connection, my name is Daliah Stone, from Redwoods Inc, I am looking for Emily Jones. Is she available?" The woman, Daliah politely asked. Emily gulped, they had found her!

Redwoods had somehow tracked her down using nothing but her initals, and now she was doomed.

" Hello, is anybody there?" Daliah asked again.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I have very bad reception sometimes. Hi I'm Emily, how can I assist you?" Emily jokes as she tried to keep her voice as calm as possible. She kept telling herself that if she was calm they would have a hard time accusing her of anything. Besides, it wasnt a crime to write relatively mean things about people, the papparazzi did it to celebrities all the time. There was absoutely nothing to worry about she told herself as she waited for a reply.

"I'm sorry dear, I was calling to offer you a possition. I would have called earlier but we are currently short staffed and we'll, I'm sure you've seen the news, we have been running around like crazy." Daliah explained with a light laugh making Emily instantly relax even more.

After a brief exchange it was decided that Emily would start the following day, even if it was a Friday. She would need to fill out the forms emailed to her and be ready to start learing the next day.

"I got the job!" Emily shrieked as she hung up. Claire got up from her seat and crushed her friend in a hug. Both girls cheering and jumping in the living room celebrating he good news the nightmare of the letter was now long forgotten.

 Both girls cheering and jumping in the living room celebrating he good news the nightmare of the letter was now long forgotten

"Hey, Kenny, is you mamma home?" Blake asked the little boy. Kenny gave him a dimpled smile before slamming the door in his face, a muffled yell could be heard and he assumed it was Kenny calling for his mom.

The door opened up again only this time Blale was greeted by Daliah who was glaring at him.

"What do you want Blake?"  She questioned holding the door open for him to walk in. Blake took a step inside and turned giving her his best impression of a puppy. He had talked to Mary earlier in the day and she had assured him that Kenny would be able to go to dinner with him tonight. However, it seemed that she had not cleared it with Daliah who was now standing in front of him in the foyer, arms crossed and a serious look on her face.

" Can I borrow one of your kids? Preferably Kenny, but Mela will do just fine this time."

Daliah roller her eyes at him before calling her wife into the living room. A curly blonde head similar to Kenny's made its  way into the room carrying an adorable toddler who was playing with her mom's hair.

"He wants to borrow one of our kids" Daliah accused pointing a finger at Blake. Mary looked at her wife then back at Blake, to her they looked like children fighting over a toy in the playground.

"Crazy date you're trying to get out of?" She asked with a smile, Blake nodded still, he send Daliah a smug look knowing he had won this round.

" Kenny! Uncle Blake needs your help again!" She yelled.

The energetic four year old came running down the stairs  and back in the room clothes changed and a backpack in hand.

"Daddy!! I'm bored, can we go home now?" He whined as he walked to the door leaving the adults speechless at this acting stills.

" Your kid deserves an Oscar." Blake told Daliah as walked out the door and followed  his temporary son to the car.

~~~~~~
Leave it to Blake to rent a child.

If you are re-reading you will notice some small changes. Nothing big but they are here to help the story.

Comment!! And don't forget to vote!!