Part 13

(Y/N): *sniff* Ahh! I love the smell of carnival food!

Joanna: I must admit, it is pretty irresistible!

At the moment,  the two of you were casually roaming around the carnival side of the Vytal Festival. Normally you would enjoy the festivities with your girlfriend, Pyrrha, but she was currently difficult to find. In fact the rest of your time were nowhere to be found, Ranger was obviously congratulating Blake and her team for their first victory and as for Snow.

Snow: Hi guys!

(Y/N): Hi. You seen Pyrrha?

Snow: Oh, I've seen her with Team RWBY at the noodle stand.

(Y/N): ... I already checked there... Nevermind, thanks!

Snow: No problem!

You then walked away leaving the two girls of your team waving goodbye.

After walking for a few minutes to find the noodle stand, you found Teams RWBY and JNPR finishing their meals. Although, you heard Team JNPR being called for the first march so they were already leaving while holding their stomachs in pain, minus Nora who was still chipper as ever. So you decided to catch up to them before they reach their destination.

(Y/N): Now what's with those looks?

All of tuned to find you walking alongside them.

Nora: Hey (Y/N)!!

Jaune: yeah... H-hey...

Pyrrha: Hi (Y/N)...

Normally the beautiful red head would hug and kiss you but she was currently having a stomach ache so she simply held your hand. Although you chuckled at their inconvenience before lightly pecking Pyrrha's cheek and walked with the team.

Small Timeskip

Ranger: *loud whistle* (Y/N)!! Over here? We saved you a seat!

You turned your attention to find your team not too far away from your position and carefully moved past the people currently in their seats. As you reached your team, you saw Snow happily enjoying a candy apple,  Joanna was having a conversation with Ruby and Ranger was sitting between an empty seat and Blake.

Of course you took the empty seat next to him and patiently waited for Pyrrha's match as you enjoyed your favorite drink.

???: *distorted* Your power is fading...

You looked around to find the trace of the strange voice.

Ranger: What's up?

(Y/N): Thought I heard something.

Ranger: Probably one of these people playing a joke or something.

(Y/N): Heh, probably.

Ranger: Not gonna lie though, I am pretty glad we're not in the tournament. Competing against other people like this is kinda stressful.

(Y/N): Tell me about it. It is kind of a bummer that we won't show any of these people our special technique.

The sounds of Oobleck and Port speaking over the intercoms as they announced the next match. Instead of watching your girlfriend and her team in the arena, the scenery was replaced with the ruined coliseum.

(Y/N): What the hell?!

You jumped from the seat and looked around to discover that nobody was in sight.

(Y/N): I was just with my friends... 

???: *distorted* You still are.

A silhouette slowly rose in front of you and stood tall as it looked down with bright glowing eyes.

(Y/N): Who are you?

???: It isn't important at the moment. What matters now is the light fading with you.

(Y/N): What?

???: I'm sure you've noticed it before. Tell me, how long does it take for you to regain your aura?

He was speaking the truth about your power. What used to recover at a normal pace just as everyone else,  now takes nearly two days to return.

(Y/N): You know, my friends asked me why it comes back so slow after I first told them. Well,  they overheard it when Coco was trying to challenge me to a duel.

???: It is a curse affected by those that nearly step foot into the Tempering Grounds. Normally, one would have perished inside the caverns leading into the temple but you escaped with a price of a weapon and your power.

(Y/N): ... So now what?

???: You must return to the Tempering Grounds to reclaim what is yours. There is a great darkness lurking about and your allies will need all the help they can get. Unfortunately, fate has already decided the destruction of this place, just as much as it will claim the life of the one you love.

You gave the shrouded man a blank look after hearing his last sentence.

(Y/N): Sorry, I'm not exactly the type to let fate decide what's gonna happen in life, especially to those around me.

???: So you don't think that it was fate that brought you here?

You simply chuckled at his quiestion before answering.

(Y/N): I only wanted to see my sister after a few years and see how she was doing. Also, I'm pretty sure Ren alone isn't enough to keep her out of trouble. I'm not exactly afraid of this so called "fate or destiny" or whatever it's called. 

???: ... Very well. I'll leave you to it, although I do offer a small warning. There has been one other that has broken the curse and is currently roaming about near your area. This is the same individual that has attempted to eliminate you but I am unaware of her identity,

(Y/N): Hmm, so it's a she Huh?

Pyrrha: (Y/N)?

You snapped your head towards the recognizable voice and found Pyrrha who was quickly approaching. As she arrived, she practically threw herself into your arms but she seemed to have phased through your body and vanished.

(Y/N): What?'

ROOOAAARRR!!!

You suddenly noticed that a massive infestation of Grimm began to crawl in from every direction. It was a horrific sight since there were many types of these dark creatures, some that you haven't seen, not even in books.

Next thing you knew, you were back in your seat in the Amity Coliseum. Your friends were  continuing with their current activities while the match was nearly going to begin. It was as if time had frozen while you were in the ruined world.

???: *distorted* You will hear my summons when it is time...

To be coninued...