Reunited (Fili x Hobbit!Reader)

Your POV

"Bilbo!" I yell through the round halls of the hobbit hole we share in Bag End. You see, Bilbo is my elder brother, and he has looked after me ever since our parents died long ago. "Bilbo, it's time to go! We have to make it to the East Farthing Woods by noon! At the rate we're going, we'll never leave!"

"Just a moment!" comes an exasperated cry from Bilbo's bedroom on the other end of the hall. "I've almost finished packing the picnic basket!"

"Alright!" I reply, smoothing my dress down. We are going to meet up with Thorin and his nephews Fili and Kili today for a picnic by the river in the East Farthing Woods. It's been a year since Bilbo and the Company won back Erebor, and we haven't seen them since Thorin was coronated a week later. I can't wait to see them again!

Fili's POV

I haven't seen Miss (y/n) since Uncle was coronated, and I miss her a lot. I look over to Kili, who is also riding a pony, and decide to speak up. "Kili?" He looks towards me. "Do you...do you think Miss (y/n) will be happy to see me?"

Kili smirked. "Of course she will be!" he responded enthusiastically. I knew he'd say that, even I know it's true. "She adores you, you know," he continues quietly. "Everyone could tell when we were on the quest."

I ponder this for a while, thinking about how I will ask her...

Your POV

We finally arrive at the river in the East Farthing Woods, and I can hear the very faint clip-clopping of pony hooves, muffled by grass.

"It is them!" I shouted excitedly.

"Calm down a bit would you?!" Bilbo yelled back, startled by my sudden outburst. "Now, help me set up the blanket and basket, they'll be here any minute, obviously."

I help him unfold and smooth the blanket, and we set up the plates and bowls of food.

The next thing I hear is the whinnying of ponies, the crashing of heavy boots on the ground, and my name being called. "(Y/n)!"

My head snaps up almost involuntarily to see who excitedly shouted my name, although I recognized his voice the instant he spoke. "Fili!" I cried, and ran to him. He grinned and held out his arms, asking for a hug, to which I complied immediately. I hugged him so tightly I swore anyone else wouldn't have been able to breathe, but he was strong, much stronger than me, and he gently held me against him, burying his face into my hair.

"I missed you," he murmured by my ear, causing my cheeks to heat up in a fiery blush.

"I missed you too, Fili," I replied, softly pressing a kiss to his bearded cheek. I could feel him heat up after this, which made me laugh. I pulled away from our embrace and smiled up at him. "Are you ready for a hobbit's picnic feast, my friend?"

He grinned back at me. "Always."

🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉
This is for EleanorLearn . Sorry I didn't post it until now, I had an unexpected journey of my own 😉 sorry if it wasn't exactly what you wanted!😣